WANT TO BUY BANJO UKULELE BANJOLELE Deering, Fluke, Duke, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcboals

Reaction score
WANT TO BUY Looking for quality built Banjolele. Will consider other brands that are considered to be top quality.
I think I would like a Tenor but will consider the right Concert

1. Deering Good Time

2. Duke 10

3. Magic Fluke Firefly Tenor

I have a Zach Hoyt 10" baritone. I love it. The Deering is big and loud and well made.
The magic Fluke has an 8" pot and not as loud...order the
Peghead geared tuners.
The Duke is ok but lacks the adjustability in the head. The geared tuners are rough. I'd probably take the Goldtone BUT over the Duke. Head tension is critical with banjos and Deering and Magic Fluke are best there.

I have a Gold Tone concert, and it's more than adequate.
The Fluke is one of the best sounding banjoukes I've ever played.

The fluke is ok but depending on what you want. If you want more banjo like qualities you need something you can adjust the head on. I really like the Deering. It’s a great value.

I have the Deering Concert and get along well with it. It tends to be the Top Dog for sound and tone to my ear. You do need to be aware it is loud when playing with others or you will over whelm the ukuleles.

I have a Deering Goodtime 12" pot tenor. It stands tall amongst banjoleles. A loud and bold voice. If that is what you seek, then look no further.

Mim set mine up and did a great job.

Last edited:
WANT TO BUY Looking for quality built Banjolele. Will consider other brands that are considered to be top quality.
I think I would like a Tenor but will consider the right Concert

1. Deering Good Time

2. Duke 10

3. Magic Fluke Firefly Tenor

I like the Duke 10 and the Firefly. Both are light and sound good. I prefer the Magic Fluke instruments in Tenor size. if you want big sound, look at the Gold Tone DLX. It's big and heavy.

There is a Duke 8" tenor banjo uke listed on the FaceBook Ukulele Marketplace for $285. Don't know if it's still available.

You have to join the group to participate.

There is a Duke 8" tenor banjo uke listed on the FaceBook Ukulele Marketplace for $285. Don't know if it's still available.

You have to join the group to participate.

Not sure, but I think that was an early effort that got mediocre reviews.

Not sure, but I think that was an early effort that got mediocre reviews.

Thanks Jerry. Yeah, the listing did say that it was an early one.

I don't know much about the Duke. "Wah ha!" Just saw one listed and remembered someone looking for one here.

I have a Duke 10 that I'd like to sell. I'm not going to play with my folk group for a long time, I fear; I live in a row house with neighbors so a banjo isn't the best way to make friends; and I'd like to get a cheap baritone without getting murdered by my significant other for bringing in yet another instrument. So help me. :p

$200 plus shipping from Maryland and it's yours. I bought mine from the Strum Shop in 2018 for $389.

EDIT: SOLD!

Last edited:
I bought TobyDogs Gold Tone BUC seems to be working for me.

I'm about to post my Deering one-off for sale here. Let me know if you are interested.
IMG_0757.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom