Lava Music Lava U Concert Ukulele

Great review. Very honest.

I’ve had my tenor for 3 months. It grows on me every day. Love it.

To me, the Freeboost is useless, unless you are plugged into an amp. Then it becomes magical. I use chorus and delay. The delay creates works really well on slow songs. It ads to a performance. I do wish it had a build in tuner.
However, it almost never needs retuning. The tuners are spot on.

I am not a fan of the case, will probably at some point buy another case. It is a well built case , nonetheless. No problem with scratching.

Again, love your review. Baz also did a great review. Both of you are very honest, and this we appreciate.

Thank you.

FAR too expensive. And then charging yet more for the only strap that works with it is purely cynical.

FAR too expensive. And then charging yet more for the only strap that works with it is purely cynical.

There you go, being honest again. I agree 100 percent. However, with the cost & strap issue behind me, I’m glad I have one.

Happy Lava U Owner

I love the sound, the feel and the effects of the Lava U (Tenor). I'm a beginner, for me this is very easy to play. My heart had been set on a Flight Soundwave system (Flight Sophia), but it could not be found or had so I got a Lava U as a second choice and very happy to have done so. It is easy to play, fun to play and (to me), worth every dime.

lavau1g.jpg

lavau3b.jpg

Just been on the Lava website. Still no ability to buy the ukulele strap (the only strap that works with the uke). The guitar strap is available though... for £59.......

£59 for a strap... for the only strap that works...

These people are insane.

Insane they may be....but....Feng E now plays one.

I don't.

Oh, and he had a pro make this video of him playing another one. Maybe a promo for Lava?

I guess he really likes the Lava, cause he plays one here, AND a Lava guitar.

It's all just promo Nickie - it's commercial. In a years time he will be promoting something else..

This is very good. He's giving that song a new slant, and the Lava U sounds (and looks) fantastic.

"Feng E is also very fond of the Anue Anue brand."

My girlfriend bought one of those AnueAnue ukes a few months ago while on vacation, she is obsessed with it. They were doing a demo in the shop, the guy who was playing it practically made it sound like a Harp! If they sold those in the US, I'd probably buy one myself.

"Feng E is also very fond of the Anue Anue brand."

My girlfriend bought one of those AnueAnue ukes a few months ago while on vacation, she is obsessed with it. They were doing a demo in the shop, the guy who was playing it practically made it sound like a Harp! If they sold those in the US, I'd probably buy one myself.

https://www.anuenueusa.com/

Feng E is also very fond of the Anue Anue brand.

Yep - he promotes what he gets given / is paid to play on videos. I don't pay much attention to 'names' playing ukes in their promos for that reason - Grace Van Der Wahl does it with Fender and they are largely pretty mediocre. Money talks.

I stress though, Feng E is a SERIOUS talent and this is not my point. But there is zero connection with how good he is and how good the uke he plays is. He'd make most things sound great - as many pro's would. It's why brands pay him to promote. For mere mortals like us - the question is - will it sound like that when we get it home.

I actually thought the Lava U sounded ok acutally. One of the nicer composite ukes i've ever played. Very pleasant. But.. Stupid price. And, sorry to repeat.. £59 for the only strap that works with it...

Definitely agree on the tuners. I restrung mine with premium flurocarbons and Low G, everything settled in fast and (like you), I've found that it does a great job of staying in tune. The tuners themselves are as smooth as butter.

The Lava U has been discussed quite a bit here on UU; here’s my take on it.

Good, balanced review. Many traditionalists hate this, so it's not easy to find an objective view (or review) on the Lava product, and particularly from "professional reviewers" online. This was not my first choice, but after I bought it, I pretty much loved everything about it. Your review practically mirrors my impressions on practically every point. When I show up at an Open Mic with this, or while Busking, people are full of questions. From now on, I'll just text them the URL to your review.

Top Bottom