Lava Music Lava U Concert Ukulele

I loved the ukulele - it's great.
I find myself coveting it myself! Be nice to have a bunch of inbuilt electronics to add atmosphere.

Holy s** though, I'd have to sell a kidney...

I just really appreciated that you opened the review by actually playing the instrument as opposed to farting around talking about it for 8+ minutes then only doing a tiny demo. I understand people need to know specs, but it irritates me nearly to death when I have to wait for ever to hear what the instrument sounds like in the real world context of a song.

it will not work on any other uke.
And that's non-obvious and a key point. Definitely something worth calling out in a review!

If Mr. Mobi's trying to shill for Lava he might want to look up the "Streisand effect"

I suspect one could 3d print a connector for another strap, but what a pain to deal with.

I find myself coveting it myself! Be nice to have a bunch of inbuilt electronics to add atmosphere.

Holy s** though, I'd have to sell a kidney...
Check out the Enya Nova. Fancy electronics, similar carbon fiber filled poly body, funky colors, and well liked by many. Less than half the price of the Lava and includes the (standard) strap.

I read up a bit more and realized that these Lava ukes don't work with regular straps as they have proprietary connections.

Yes, I think this needs to be mentioned in any reviews of this brand. Even if their straps are free, it is a distinct negative on their uke design that impacts future flexibility. Lava may not be around to support their unique strap system or might end of life that design while you still hold their ukes.

I read up a bit more and realized that these Lava ukes don't work with regular straps as they have proprietary connections.

Yes, I think this needs to be mentioned in any reviews of this brand. Even if their straps are free, it is a distinct negative on their uke design that impacts future flexibility. Lava may not be around to support their unique strap system or might end of life that design while you still hold their ukes.
Holy crap. That's quite the design failure.

Holy crap. That's quite the design failure.
Maybe from the customer's perspective but for the company it's a design feature. They can charge ridiculous prices for their straps which are the only ones that work on the uke. It's a bit too cynical for my taste.

Maybe from the customer's perspective but for the company it's a design feature. They can charge ridiculous prices for their straps which are the only ones that work on the uke. It's a bit too cynical for my taste.
Yeah it's almost predatory.

Top Bottom