Big Yellow Taxi (Joni Mitchell)

A rare song for a bloke to cover John, but you worked is well my friend. I know how busy life is for you at the moment, so thanks for making the time to continue entertaining us.

Thanks, Dave! I had a chance to record something today, so I took it! Even had some time to add backing vocals! :)

A very appropriate song for the ukulele. Joni Mitchell is Canadian, but the song is actually written about Waikiki. The "pink hotel" is still there, but a lot of the paradise that used to surround it is now gone.

Thanks for sharing, I always enjoy hearing it. It's of my favorite songs to play.

A very appropriate song for the ukulele. Joni Mitchell is Canadian, but the song is actually written about Waikiki. The "pink hotel" is still there, but a lot of the paradise that used to surround it is now gone.

Mahalo, man0a! I read that the "tree museum" being referred to is Foster Gardens!

Good job, John. I've always loved that song. Joni was a fave of mine when I was a kid in college.

Good job, John. I've always loved that song. Joni was a fave of mine when I was a kid in college.

Thanks, Nickie! I recall picking up a few of her albums in a used record shop. "Ladies of the Canyon" was my particular favorite! :)

A difficult song to sing !
You have done Joni Mitchell proud !
Love the yellow taxi. Always enjoy your video.

Thanks, Brenda! I think I found the right key to sing it in, but that "pleeaassee" was a bit high for me! Throwing in those suspended G-chords was challenging, but I'm really pleased how it sounds! :)

Great rendition!

Watched a Joni Mitchell interview on YouTube one evening, and the next day I saw a decorative yellow taxi in a garden shop. I took it as a sign that I should try this song! :)

I love this song and your performance. Seeing the yellow taxi is fantastic! Definitely a hint! Cheers!

Top Bottom