Hello from the DC area!

DonRikkles

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I found this forum recently after looking to buy a new instrument. I picked up a Kanile'a Islander MT-4 while in Hawaii a few years ago but only recently started playing seriously. What a fun ride so far! I've been playing violin for about 34 years but can't keep up with casual orchestral playing at this station in life. The ukulele has been a fun, challenging, and versatile way to keep up the music.

Cheers, all!

Welcome to UU DonRikkles.

You might find the ukulele quite addictive!

Welcome! Grew up in Takoma Park with its wonderful House of Musical Traditions.

Welcome to the Forum, Don. Hope your ukulele journey continues to be both fun and challenging!

Jan

Welcome! The uke is a fun and versatile instrument. You can enjoy playing with just simple open chords, or your playing can grow to be as sophisticated in style as anyone could possibly want.

Welcome Don. I also live in the DC area. I'm fascinated by how this instrument can sound and all it can do. I agree with Cadia, or to put it my way, you can get a songbook of the three chords & 50 songs variety and enjoy that for years, or you can set your sights on playing like Jake Shimabukuro (or coming from the violin perhaps playing like John King :)

Top Bottom