Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sotu 433 "it's all relative!"

i am the smallest one in the photographs
    paoriginal - all true - it had dad made barn doors at the back and there was this one time I did fall out onto the road
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 05-31-2020 at 01:11 AM.

This song does mention Mother and it is about Paul McCartney's Mother. .Let it be
    It has been awhile since I have contributed, sorry - do enjoy them when I get a chance to watch what people post

James G

UKULELE:
    -Kala - Solid Mahogany Baritone - Low G tuning
    -Cordoba - 20TM-CE Tenor - Low G tuning
    -Kala - SOLID CEDAR ACACIA BARITONE 8-STRING - D tuning

Hi Val, Thanks for hosting, what a great season concept!

This is a rare chance for us to post one early. Jon sent me his live take around 5 hours ago. I sent it Willie Favero, and he and I simultaneously worked up parts to go with Jon's performance, and I got Willie's part back within a couple of hours, and folded it into the mix, and finished up with the harmonies and short instrumental break. While I was mixing, jon was putting together the film. Start to finish in around 5 hours ~

Talk less, play more . . . .

I am getting this one out of the way quickly! I love this song ... it has previously been done by such Seasonista luminaries as The Silly Dave, Linda L and John of the North. I have absolutely NO idea what "shimmying" constituted when this song was written in 1922 ... or even if it was legal! The wonderful dancing lady comes from 1902. She MIGHT be shimmying, but it reminds me of nothing as much as trying to change the cover on the duvet (comforter/doona!)

Last edited by LimousinLil; 05-31-2020 at 02:26 AM.
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    , here is me, aged about five, with my mum and brother ...

Attachment 127449
    What a great photo!

This is one of the odd semi-comic songs which a young David Bowie wrote, when he was trying to be the new Anthony Newley.

My brother unearthed this family photo a few weeks ago. My guess is it was taken about 50 years ago on the sea front at Sheringham, Norfolk. It's me, my parents, and my mother's parents, having cups of tea, back in the days when some people put a tie on to go the beach.

90600930_308617356784396_153978146679422976_n.jpg
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaX View Post
    What a great photo!

Oh, thank you, Emma! The box that we're sitting on played a very large part in my childhood ... it was a car, a train and many other things. Simple times!
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Default Me and my dad, 1956

My mum's sister was visiting from NYC, together with her daughter, my cousin. They brought my grandma along - all the way from Co. Clare. Another cousin, Jimmy, had brought along a Super-8.
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton soprano | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

The failed 365 project... hopefully it will take to to a Flickr album
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/hyperb...in/photostream
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wee_ginga_yin; 05-31-2020 at 06:15 AM.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Oh, Paul and Rob THANK YOU for those! Paul you are really lucky that you have film surviving from that period (no one we knew was the proud possessor of a movie camera!) What on earth was your father doing, bouncing a ball off your head REPEATEDLY ... fortunately, it obviously never affected your "little grey cells!"

And Rob ... I knew that you had a HUGE family, but WOW! (And I looked really carefully, but I couldn't see you in the photo ... do I need to look again?)

Thread Information