Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sotu 433 "it's all relative!"

A Van Morrison song.
    Mother's are good everybody should have one.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

A traditional-sounding Estonian song about the sons: "My Sons Are Quite Plucky" (Pojad on mul õige naksid, 1977) by Hando Runnel and Kaarel Kilvet. I don't have sons, but 5 generations of my family, from my grandma to my cousin's grandson, have liked the band "Kukerpillid", who has performed this song.

And with many thanks to "today's" contributors, Ryan, John of the South, Rob and Ylle ... I shall sign off for the night; please keep the songs coming. I leave you with this thought from scientist extraordinaire and marriage guidance counsellor, Mr. Albert Einstein; it sort of fits this week's theme ...

images (9).jpeg​ And invariably, they are both disappointed!
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Cousins are usually a lot of fun. Sometimes they are real creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukio View Post
    Cousins are usually a lot of fun. Sometimes they are real creeps.

Yukio, left comments on YT re: the ‘creepy cousin’ Dupree, but...curious, did you create the artwork in the background of your vid?

Quote Originally Posted by Hochapeafarm View Post
    Yukio, left comments on YT re: the ‘creepy cousin’ Dupree, but...curious, did you create the artwork in the background of your vid?
    Some of it. The red amaryllis is by Piet Mondrian and the woman looking out the window is by Dali. The samurai is an antique Japanese painting mounted on silk.

Hi again.
    I am posting this video on behalf of Two Little Woodpeckers.
    This is a traditional that both Jon and I like a lot.
    I am currently still in Singapore and I have no microphone nor computer to record music or make videos.
    So I have been using a couple apps ( can be a nightmare to use too) on my phone to make my videos.
    It has not been easy, being in a flat with carers for my bed-ridden dad, the noise from the other people in the flat. And the surrounding, being near to a car park and the recycling quarters with workers dismantling discarded furniture all day long, and a plane flying past every 5 minutes.

But I wanted to be a part of a creative process, and also this music-loving community.

The video is made with simple paper puppets and an animation I made. Took me quite a long time doing them.
    This might not be as polished as the videos and art that Jon has always found online and used for his videos, but it is something different I tried to do. Hope you all will enjoy it if you do watch it. Thanks.

And Good Morning & etc.! Many thanks to Christopher, who brought us a "cousin" song ... the first one! (And, perhaps, the only one ... how many cousin songs can there be?) Please keep the songs coming today ... more relatives, more Einstein and more "Relativity"! I shall go and update the Playlist.

And my apologies to Joo, who has turned up since I started writing this! I appreciate your efforts, Joo, against what sound like almost insurmountable odds!
    Last edited by LimousinLil; 06-04-2020 at 10:01 PM.
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    Many thanks to Christopher, who brought us a "cousin" song ... the first one! (And, perhaps, the only one ...?)
    Ooh I do like a challenge!

Here’s another cousin song for you Val:

I should add that any similarities between cousin Kevin and our own seasonista Kevin are purely coincidental!
    Last edited by DelGriff; 06-05-2020 at 02:15 AM.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

couldn't help myself...

Thread Information