Sotu 433 "it's all relative!"

LimousinLil

Reaction score
Greetings Seasonistas, and welcome to Season 433! Please watch the video below for details.

(And I must apologise ... I have erred! Having settled on the topic and made the introductory video, I discovered that "families" had already been covered by Russ in Season 211. I am hoping that, since this was four years ago, those who participated then can look at the subject through new eyes, and those of us who don't go back quite that far (like me!), will be able to enjoy it for the first time. Also, as you might, perhaps, be able to guess from the title, this comes with an extra, added twist.)

All the usual rules apply regarding start and finish time, recording a new video for the week and ukulele being the main instrument and etc. THERE IS NO SONG LIMIT!

More details to follow before "kick off" time!

THE PLAYLIST IS HERE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nPH8KkdIII&list=PLHFDjTj2zZYzD6X1mM03Tz9EstT_vGi9o

Last edited:
Great video introduction to the season,you should be a film producer!!

INTRO PART DEUX ....

* As you will gather from the video, in addition to songs about relatives, you are also invited to bring songs about Albert Einstein (and YES, there are songs about him) or the Theory of Relativity!

* Originals are, of course, as ever, very welcome and if anyone is able to bring a song about the Theory of Relativity which makes it understandable to me (challenging to say the least), then they will gain extra bonus points!

* Returning to the "family" part of this week, I thought it might be fun if we could post photos of ourselves with one or more of our relatives when we upload our songs. (This is, of course, optional!)

*FOOTNOTE: I have managed to shoot myself in the foot by volunteering to host at the end of the month, when my Internet entitlement is down to virtually nothing, so this week will mainly be monitored from my smartphone, at the top of the garden, where I might POSSIBLY be able to pick up a 4G signal, or, as an enticing alternative, between the hours of midnight and 6.00 a.m. here in deepest France, when I have unlimited Internet access. PLEASE bear with me!

*POSTSCRIPT: BAD jokes about the Theory of Relativity are most welcome ... thank you, John!

In the meantime, please remember that there is still more than a day in which to be lonely with Mikkel!

Lovin' the opening vid Val, well done. I'd personally like to see a relaxing of the rules around topics especially as the dynamics have changed so much along with a majority of the posters.

Last edited:
Thanks Val. Tuned down a semi tone here as I was getting into territory only Chris Fonda can navigate:) No photos this time...try to later.

And thank you to Charley and John for getting us started. The Playlist will be up in a moment. I shall endeavour to add your contributions to the Playlist a.s.a.p., but it might take a little later to comment properly ... which I'll do on YT!

i am the smallest one in the photographs
paoriginal - all true - it had dad made barn doors at the back and there was this one time I did fall out onto the road

Last edited:
This song does mention Mother and it is about Paul McCartney's Mother. .Let it be
It has been awhile since I have contributed, sorry - do enjoy them when I get a chance to watch what people post

Hi Val, Thanks for hosting, what a great season concept!

This is a rare chance for us to post one early. Jon sent me his live take around 5 hours ago. I sent it Willie Favero, and he and I simultaneously worked up parts to go with Jon's performance, and I got Willie's part back within a couple of hours, and folded it into the mix, and finished up with the harmonies and short instrumental break. While I was mixing, jon was putting together the film. Start to finish in around 5 hours ~

I am getting this one out of the way quickly! I love this song ... it has previously been done by such Seasonista luminaries as The Silly Dave, Linda L and John of the North. I have absolutely NO idea what "shimmying" constituted when this song was written in 1922 ... or even if it was legal! The wonderful dancing lady comes from 1902. She MIGHT be shimmying, but it reminds me of nothing as much as trying to change the cover on the duvet (comforter/doona!)

Last edited:
This is one of the odd semi-comic songs which a young David Bowie wrote, when he was trying to be the new Anthony Newley.

My brother unearthed this family photo a few weeks ago. My guess is it was taken about 50 years ago on the sea front at Sheringham, Norfolk. It's me, my parents, and my mother's parents, having cups of tea, back in the days when some people put a tie on to go the beach.

90600930_308617356784396_153978146679422976_n.jpg

Me and my dad, 1956

My mum's sister was visiting from NYC, together with her daughter, my cousin. They brought my grandma along - all the way from Co. Clare. Another cousin, Jimmy, had brought along a Super-8.

Oh, Paul and Rob THANK YOU for those! Paul you are really lucky that you have film surviving from that period (no one we knew was the proud possessor of a movie camera!) What on earth was your father doing, bouncing a ball off your head REPEATEDLY ... fortunately, it obviously never affected your "little grey cells!"

And Rob ... I knew that you had a HUGE family, but WOW! (And I looked really carefully, but I couldn't see you in the photo ... do I need to look again?)

Top Bottom