Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sotu 433 "it's all relative!"

has anyone brought an einstein song yet?
    this is a jimmy buffet song
    had trouble reading the lyrics off the computer screen and I don't know the song so it's a rough cover

And Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening from a sunny (again!) France! Big thanks to Joo and Jon and Brian for their "overnight" contributions. Brian brought the FIRST Einstein song! Einstein might not have been a "Surfer" in the true, physical sense, but he did make it down to the beach, as witnessed by this famous photo; and he had the most AMAZING taste in footwear.

77466902e8dc2b75b931a3a3f0c47413.jpg

This man deserves MORE songs! And has anyone worked out the Theory of Relativity yet? And please bring me some more mothers, fathers, grandmas and grandads, aunties and uncles and brothers and sisters ... I need more relatives! Thanks to everyone.
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

My first contribution this week is about abuse in the family. In this song a girl from a small town recalls a horrendous incident in her past and longs to escape from the town so she can be herself. It is dedicated to The Vicky Bernadet Foundation, an organisation in Barcelona that aids victims of sexual abuse in the family.

BTW - the slogan on the button at the beginning says. "Break the Silence"

The backing on this track is by Band in a Box - an amazing tool for songwriters.

Epiphone Les Paul (Red) Concert
    Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Steel Strung Hora Baritone
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Eugene Customised Tanglewood TU5 Baritone (High D)
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Oscar Schmidt 8 String Tenor
    Oscar Schmidt 6 String Tenor
    Jack Daniels Tenor - by Peavey
    Mainland Red Cedar Concert
    Korala Soprano Mahogany Electro Acoustic Cutaway
    Tenor Resonator Ukulele HB CLU 34-T
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

Default Forgot to add a photo

Here is my younger brother and I at Santa's Grotto. I think he got a plastic Ukulele and I got handcuffs and a police whistle.

scan0007.jpg

Epiphone Les Paul (Red) Concert
    Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Steel Strung Hora Baritone
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Eugene Customised Tanglewood TU5 Baritone (High D)
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Oscar Schmidt 8 String Tenor
    Oscar Schmidt 6 String Tenor
    Jack Daniels Tenor - by Peavey
    Mainland Red Cedar Concert
    Korala Soprano Mahogany Electro Acoustic Cutaway
    Tenor Resonator Ukulele HB CLU 34-T
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

Hi, Val and Seasonistas! I’m late to the party, but want to thank Val for hosting this week! It’s a great theme! I’m going to assume that ‘family’ isn’t necessarily ‘blood-related’ family, and that we can take liberties with one’s interpretation of ‘family?’ As Richard Bach writes in ‘Illusions’ (I may not be quoting precisely, here) — ‘Some members of family aren’t necessarily blood-related.’ (Or, something in that capacity!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hochapeafarm View Post
    Hi, Val and Seasonistas! I’m late to the party, but want to thank Val for hosting this week! It’s a great theme! I’m going to assume that ‘family’ isn’t necessarily ‘blood-related’ family, and that we can take liberties with one’s interpretation of ‘family?’ As Richard Bach writes in ‘Illusions’ (I may not be quoting precisely, here) — ‘Some members of family aren’t necessarily blood-related.’ (Or, something in that capacity!)
    ​Well, yes, Chelle ... why not? Assume away.
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Quote Originally Posted by Barbablanca View Post
    Here is my younger brother and I at Santa's Grotto. I think he got a plastic Ukulele and I got handcuffs and a police whistle.

scan0007.jpg
    Thanks for the sweet photo, Berni! (Santa obviously got it wrong ... YOU should have had the uke!)

There are many songs called "Mother," but most aren't as grim and dark as this bit of Pink Floyd--just so we're clear, I love my mother very much and she's definitely NOT who I'm singing about here.

Ok, here's another quick one, but only because there's only one song I know that's pretty directly about relativity/time dilation, and weirdly enough it's an acoustic song by Queen!

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post

​Well, yes, Chelle ... why not? Assume away.
    Sounds good, Val — thank you! :-)

Thread Information