Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sotu 433 "it's all relative!"

Default Sotu 433 "it's all relative!"

Greetings Seasonistas, and welcome to Season 433! Please watch the video below for details.

(And I must apologise ... I have erred! Having settled on the topic and made the introductory video, I discovered that "families" had already been covered by Russ in Season 211. I am hoping that, since this was four years ago, those who participated then can look at the subject through new eyes, and those of us who don't go back quite that far (like me!), will be able to enjoy it for the first time. Also, as you might, perhaps, be able to guess from the title, this comes with an extra, added twist.)

All the usual rules apply regarding start and finish time, recording a new video for the week and ukulele being the main instrument and etc. THERE IS NO SONG LIMIT!

More details to follow before "kick off" time!

THE PLAYLIST IS HERE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nPH...3Tz9EstT_vGi9o
    Last edited by LimousinLil; 05-31-2020 at 01:00 AM.
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Great video introduction to the season,you should be a film producer!!

Oh my days, songs about relativity too?
    lynda

acid skiffle

Great topic! Reminds me of a joke about the definition of relative humidity (bad) I'm no Einstein, but are spouses and ex-spouses included? Lots of content there!
    John

INTRO PART DEUX ....

* As you will gather from the video, in addition to songs about relatives, you are also invited to bring songs about Albert Einstein (and YES, there are songs about him) or the Theory of Relativity!

* Originals are, of course, as ever, very welcome and if anyone is able to bring a song about the Theory of Relativity which makes it understandable to me (challenging to say the least), then they will gain extra bonus points!

* Returning to the "family" part of this week, I thought it might be fun if we could post photos of ourselves with one or more of our relatives when we upload our songs. (This is, of course, optional!)

*FOOTNOTE: I have managed to shoot myself in the foot by volunteering to host at the end of the month, when my Internet entitlement is down to virtually nothing, so this week will mainly be monitored from my smartphone, at the top of the garden, where I might POSSIBLY be able to pick up a 4G signal, or, as an enticing alternative, between the hours of midnight and 6.00 a.m. here in deepest France, when I have unlimited Internet access. PLEASE bear with me!

*POSTSCRIPT: BAD jokes about the Theory of Relativity are most welcome ... thank you, John!

In the meantime, please remember that there is still more than a day in which to be lonely with Mikkel!

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Lovin' the opening vid Val, well done. I'd personally like to see a relaxing of the rules around topics especially as the dynamics have changed so much along with a majority of the posters.
    Last edited by mythinformed; 05-30-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Thank you, Mark! And to get the ball rolling on the photos with relatives, here is me, aged about five, with my mum and brother ...

Image (130) - Edited.jpg

Thanks Val. Tuned down a semi tone here as I was getting into territory only Chris Fonda can navigate No photos this time...try to later.

And thank you to Charley and John for getting us started. The Playlist will be up in a moment. I shall endeavour to add your contributions to the Playlist a.s.a.p., but it might take a little later to comment properly ... which I'll do on YT!

Thread Information