Sotu 433 "it's all relative!"

You want photos Val...you got em. Mother and Father Jean and Peter. Children in order from oldest. John, Vicki, Jeanette and Michael. This song had some lyrics that fitted in with our family and I added an in joke verse for the siblings. Was fun doing this.

And another one from me, a Medley (of two songs), which, I am assured is a possibility; both of which date back to the early days of the 20th Century and reflect very different attitudes to marriage, as seen through the eyes of the male offspring. The film is a Creative Commons one I found of an early silent film actor from France, who I have only just discovered, called Max Linder. He slightly predates Charlie Chaplin, who considered him a major influence, and I think he is far funnier (Chaplin has always seemed a bit creepy to me!)

Last edited:
Val, this is such a wonderful week, but I just couldn't seem to find the right song. Until I remembered this one.

Roger Daltrey's vocal range impresses you more as you try to sing Who songs, even when you take them down a few steps.

Plus, I didn't realize the cloth I used to muffle the bridge fell out before I started playing. So my voice is a bit overshadowed by the Firefly.

I got the Season right, but the name wrong...

Here's a John Prine Song.

Last edited:
Thanks Lil for hosting. I found this song by Reba McEntire, You’re Gonna Be. I cut it down to 3 minutes because who can take 5 minutes of seeing pics of someone else’s family.

Last edited:
And "Goodnight" again from deepest France, where I am just enjoying a delicious cup of bedtime herbal tea (yuck!) Many thanks to those who have contributed songs today; that is, John of the South, Rick, Kurt and Jo! Especial thanks to John and Jo for looking out some wonderful family photos to include in their videos!

Albert (in his fluffy slippers) and I will see you in the morning ...

EinsteinFuzzySlippers-1-480x600.jpg

John beat us to the song earlier today, but we've been planning to sing it all week and decided it was okay to duplicate. I think the song is a good one for this week in history with people in more than 650 cities protesting the death of George Floyd and other black Americans at the hands of police officers. I read an interview with Colin Meloy of the Decemberists who said that this song . "... was kind of a mantra or slogan about peace and camaraderie and coming together. "

I also think it's okay that we sang this even though we only have daughters in my immediate family. I'll leave it to the judges' ruling....

as anyone who is familiar with the law of relativity :stop: OR who has watched "insterstellar" :uhoh: knows, a singularity is a location in the space time continuum where the normal laws of physics break down... or something... :confused:

Sons and Daughters written by The Decemberists. Thanks so much to Kevin, Jon, and Willie for collaborating on this song with me. These guys are awesome! I was planning on making some digital paintings for this video, but I had a power outage that took me outside. Trying something different with this one. Hope y'all like it.

Well, I am gonna have to throw my hands up in defeat...I lost my recording for this week due to technical issues with my blasted iPad...I’m sooooooooo frusssssstrated!!!! Darn technology can really be such a slippery slope! I did a cover of Sister Sledge’s ‘We Are Family’ — I was so excited to share it, but alas...it was not meant to be, evidently. Having said that, let me leave y’all with the REAL DEAL (sorry, no ukes on this...but, you can still get your groove on!) So sorry, Val!!! I may try to redo it — but, I will be late as such! :-(

after a long absence, i'm slowly trying to play more again...the wrist still is annoying, but i persevere! here's an entry to sotu 433!

cheers all!

And "Good Morning & etc." from a sunny France (the rain has gone away!) Very many thanks to BJ and Family, Lynda, Kimi (and her fantastic backing group), Jon and Dave, who have all turned up since I last logged in, with some fantastic songs. Chelle, I am so sorry that you have been unable to post ... nothing is more frustrating than when you think you have made a recording and then technology refuses to co-operate. (If you want to give it another go, then you will have special dispensation to post late.) It has been lovely to see several versions of "Sons & Daughters" ... it's a gorgeous song and so relevant at the moment! Thank you all ... and please keep the songs coming on our last full "relativity" day!

Last edited:
Howdy all,well thanks for hosting Lil and a great theme.
Here is my entry,this song never really meant much to me,but after my fathers death (10 years this August) it took on a whole new meaning to me.

Last edited:
For my sweet Salvatore, of course.

And thank you all for being my ukulele family! Love and strength and health and anti-racism to you <3

And thank you to Daveey and Ralf for rounding off the Season so nicely ... lovely dedication, Ralf! I can now declare that it is midnight plus one hour in Hawaii, and, therefore, Season 433 is officially over. Thank you everyone for all the wonderful music that you have brought during the week ... the Wrap will be up as soon as possible. Now to choose a favourite year with Lynda and Del.

Last edited:
Top Bottom