Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonanza Ukuleles 5 String Tenor - REVIEW

thanks for the review.less than $300 for a handmade uke I'm tempted by a homestead cherry. pretty reasonable for a solid uke I didn;t see any of the upgrades, like a thicker body, or decoration.
    thanks for fueling my UAS
    there is no substitute for LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by M3Ukulele View Post

What is your feeling on the tuners. Do they work good. Looks I don’t care as they are on back of head stock!
    THey work brilliantly - my issue with them is purely about looks!!
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

Quote Originally Posted by strumsilly View Post
    thanks for the review.less than $300 for a handmade uke I'm tempted by a homestead cherry. pretty reasonable for a solid uke I didn;t see any of the upgrades, like a thicker body, or decoration.
    Without the thicker body or 5th string this would be $389...

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    THey work brilliantly - my issue with them is purely about looks!!
    A few months ago, I commissioned a custom uke and specifically wanted these tuners on it. I do get why some people don't like the way they look but personally I really like them. To me they have a sort of vintage vibe to them, both because of the bulky look and because of the fact that there are no metal parts. Glad to hear they work well. I've heard that they can break but they're not too expensive and should be easily replaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by strumsilly View Post
    I believe you don't get customization options for the Homestead line because it's supposed to be the bare-bones model. Same build quality without any of the fancy looks. You should check the normal ukulele models.

Is it me, or does this seem a very reasonable price for such a quirky, luthier-built ukulele?
    Last edited by The Pashmeister; 06-01-2020 at 01:07 AM.
    Ukuleles owned:-
    Laka VUC50 Soprano
    Laka LK-JBC Joe Brown Concert
    Rubin RS101 Zebrawood Soprano
    Barnes & Mullins UBJ1 Concert Banjolele
    Sinye YA26 Mahogany Tenor

For a US made luthier built instrument, yes, I'd say Bonanza are fairly inexpensive. Then again, certain US and UK based luthiers do charge a surprisingly small amount for very nice instruments, especially compared to some more high-end factory-made instruments. Some luthiers with more name recognition tend to charge significantly more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dohle View Post
    A few months ago, I commissioned a custom uke and specifically wanted these tuners on it.
    I liked the idea of the Ratio tuners in the beginning because of the price - and I like to change tuners. After hearing about some posts snapping, and seeing that one of mine is lose and doesn't hold tune, I'm going to avoid them.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Pashmeister View Post
    Is it me, or does this seem cheap for such a quirky, luthier-built ukulele?
    I think "reasonably priced" is a better term. When most people think of ukuleles, they think $25. Years ago, I heard that a friend had a $500 uke, and I was shocked. I think Bonanza is charging a fair price for what they are offering. I love my Oreo.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Absolutely correct. I wasn't being disrespectful by saying "cheap". I will edit my post.
    Ukuleles owned:-
    Laka VUC50 Soprano
    Laka LK-JBC Joe Brown Concert
    Rubin RS101 Zebrawood Soprano
    Barnes & Mullins UBJ1 Concert Banjolele
    Sinye YA26 Mahogany Tenor

I think 'fairly' priced is more accurate. Pete does not over charge and is not making them in order to try to get rich. He seems to be a fair guy.

Thread Information