Baritone Blues Books??

JackR

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions for baritone blues instruction / song books. I am finding little for baritone. Using guitar material mainly.

Thanks, Jack

You could do what I do and go the opposite route. Instead of using guitar stuff, use soprano uke stuff. I have had a baritone ukulele and tenor guitar (in Chicago tuning) for many years and have never looked at a baritone resource. The only drawback is that you aren't playing in the key you think you're playing. For example, most blues books will give instruction for how to play the blues in C. If you follow those instructions faithfully with your baritone, you will be playing the blues...but in G. Or if you do what the book tells you to do in order to play some blues in A, just realize that you're actually playing in E. If nothing else, this is as good excuse as any to learn your circle of fifths so that you can transpose keys.

Ha! I use harp blues music or any ol’ blues music in my library, but I use “dots” to play my baritone and tenor guitars.

Regular staff music seems really easy to learn in Chicago Tuning (DGBE and DGBD for Slide). :eek:ld:

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate it. I thought regular uke material might work (But different chords and keys). I ordered a hal leonard uke blues e-book as well as my guitar material. I prefer the tab plus notation format. In addition to regular guitars, I also have a tenor in Chicago tuning. I also like the looks of the uke ed website and will get deeper into that. Dick, not quite sure what the "dots" are? Thanks again for the help.

I’m working my way through “baritone ukulele from scratch “and “baritone ukulele aerobics. “

Top Bottom