"Signature Required"

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Ordinarily, I hate having to wait around for a package that needs my signature, but since we're in lock-down, that shouldn't be a problem. I ordered five uke bridges on eBay, and I just got an email telling me they have been sent, but I will have to sign for them. It could take over two weeks for them to get here, and I will probably still be home. It's funny having to sign for a $25 package.

eBay has some good deals on uke-building parts. I ordered ten rosewood and ten maple fretboards (tenor) with frets installed, for around $5.00 each. If I decide I want to make an unusual uke, I'll have some parts handy.

That is crazy that you would have to sign for uke bridges. What is up with that?

If the seller includes a tracking number, I re-assign the package to be held at UPS, Fed ex, or the post office whenever a signature is required. That way I'm not required to wait around at the house for delivery, and can pick up at my leisure.

Last edited:
Recently, I got a call from a delivery person asking if he could sign for my package and leave it at the door; it was a same-day delivery from a local store.

Yes, I thought so too. However, it did allow me to get my stuff that day.

Not too long ago I had to go to the PO to pick up a parcel as I wasn't home when the driver arrived. Total value: $10. No idea why it required a signature.

Not too long ago I had to go to the PO to pick up a parcel as I wasn't home when the driver arrived. Total value: $10. No idea why it required a signature.

Some items always require a signature like wine and firearms. I once came home to a rifle at my front door; turns out neighbor signed it and left it there.

Some items always require a signature like wine and firearms. I once came home to a rifle at my front door; turns out neighbor signed it and left it there.

And some vendors always require a signature so they don't have to deal with theft and other such losses.

My wife markets wine for a Napa winery and we get wine shipments several times a month. The last couple months they have not been having us sign for deliveries.

Top Bottom