Hello from The Bluegrass State!

theinlawjosie

Reaction score
Hello all! I have played the guitar for about 26 years and have had a ukulele for about 4-5 years now, but haven't really taken it too seriously. I've had fun with it, for sure, but always reached for my guitar when I wanted to really play some music. For the past few months, I have found myself reaching for my ukulele a little more often - I have started studying the instrument a little more and am now looking to upgrade my Kala KA-C with a nicer tenor ukulele. I started browsing the forums a few weeks ago, and finally decided to create an account and introduce myself. Any suggestions on a good entry level tenor (less than $500) would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to my journey and the possibility of getting to know some of you along the way!

ETA - The Bluegrass State is Kentucky for those who may not be from the US, or just weren't aware. :)

Last edited:
Welcome from next door in the Mountain State. I have family in Grayson that just moved from Ashland. Pretty area.

I only have two tenors, but really like my Outdoor Ukulele and my Mainland Mahogany with rope binding. Both are great in their own way.

Last edited:
Welcome from next door in the Mountain State. I have family in Grayson that just moved from Ashland. Pretty area.

I only have two tenors, but really like my Outdoor Ukulele and my Mainland Mahogany with rope binding. Both are great in their own way.

Wow, small world! I'm from Ashland and have been living in Rush (just a few minutes from Grayson) for the past several years. West Virginia is also a beautiful state - I work in Huntington and my sister lived in Elkins for a few years. I was sad when she moved. Lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome and for the information - I'll definitely look into Outdoor and Mainland!

Top Bottom