Thoughts on Fender Fullerton Ukuleles

rps

Reaction score
Hello all, I’ve been noticing a number of players with the Fender Fullerton acoustic-electric ukuleles. In Canada they sell for around $280 , which is fairly inexpensive. Any thoughts on these ukes, they come in strat, tele, and jazz master forms and are concert in scale.

Last edited:
Never seen or played one. Here are the specs:

Series: Fullerton
Country Of Origin: CN
Body: Mahogany
Body Finish: Gloss
Body Shape: Concert Ukulele
Neck Material: Maple
Neck Finish: Gloss
Scale Length: 15.04" (382mm)
Fingerboard: Walnut
Fingerboard Radius: Flat
Number of Frets: 19
String Nut: Synthetic Bone
Nut Width: 1.38" (35 mm)
Position Inlays: White Dot
Bridge: Walnut
Hardware Finish: Nickel
Tuning Machines: Sealed Nickel
Pickguard: 1-Ply Tortoiseshell
Strings: Aquila Nylgut Concert

Last edited:
I have the Telecaster. I came home two weeks ago and noticed a large box at my front door. I knew I wasn’t expecting anything. Collected the box, opened it, to my great surprise there was this beautiful guitar looking ukulele inside. Oh my, I was stunned. And thankful for the surprise gift from my son. He loves his dad of 47 years.

I love it. It’s superbly built in every way. Has a pickup with tuner, and sounds great. This concert size uke is just awesome. I do plan to change strings to Worth Browns, but no hurry.

I don’t count myself as a “reviewer”, by any stretch. But yes, I would recommend this uke. If for nothing else than the pleasure of moving your hand up and down the sides of the fretboard. So smooth and gorgeous.

Good to know, thanx Terrgy. I think I would get the tele as well. I’m wonder if there is a sound different between the 3 different body styles. From what I’ve seen the tele seems the most popular.....and I’d get the yellow colour.

Actually, it appears the Jazzmaster is the most sought after. But I think most sound much alike. Mine is a jewel when amped up. I like the controls. And the tuner is spot on.

On my own, I probably wouldn’t have purchased this ukulele. With my purchase of a Lava a few months back, I feel one non-traditional uke would have been enough. But I am thankful to have this Fender Tele, and like it very much. Nothing not to like.

This is also my first concert size uke. Chording seems to be easier. The E chord is a breeze, which I have always struggled to play clean. Yeh concert.

Thanx Terrgy, I have a tenor and a concert Uke......I think I like the tenor better, even though some chords are a bit of a stretch....my issue is D....with my fat fingers its kind of ugly. Do you have an amp with lots of toys? I’m thinking that’s where the fun will be.

Rps. Yes, I have several amps, but I wouldn’t say I have a lot of toys. Only those that are built into the amp, Luke tone, reverb, chorus, delay, and a couple of others I don’t use. My main amp for performing is a Roland Mobile Cube.
Been using it for over five years with no hiccups. Mic and instrument plug-in, use it 90% of the time batteries only. Love it. I am not tech savvy.

I know you didn’t ask for all this info, but just thought you might be interested.

Actually Terrgy, I did find it interesting. I am slowly moving to electric ukes and of course amps. So I did find it useful. Thanx

Hi Bill1, they certainly have quite a few models. I would be interested in how the Fullerton compares to the Grace Vanderwaal series as the GV has Fishman preamp and the Fullerton has a Fender branded one.....both for the same money ( in Canada ). However the Fullerton does look cooler.

Top Bottom