Thread: Thoughts on Fender Fullerton Ukuleles

Default Thoughts on Fender Fullerton Ukuleles

Hello all, I’ve been noticing a number of players with the Fender Fullerton acoustic-electric ukuleles. In Canada they sell for around $280 , which is fairly inexpensive. Any thoughts on these ukes, they come in strat, tele, and jazz master forms and are concert in scale.
    Last edited by rps; 06-03-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Never seen or played one. Here are the specs:

Series: Fullerton
    Country Of Origin: CN
    Body: Mahogany
    Body Finish: Gloss
    Body Shape: Concert Ukulele
    Neck Material: Maple
    Neck Finish: Gloss
    Scale Length: 15.04" (382mm)
    Fingerboard: Walnut
    Fingerboard Radius: Flat
    Number of Frets: 19
    String Nut: Synthetic Bone
    Nut Width: 1.38" (35 mm)
    Position Inlays: White Dot
    Bridge: Walnut
    Hardware Finish: Nickel
    Tuning Machines: Sealed Nickel
    Pickguard: 1-Ply Tortoiseshell
    Strings: Aquila Nylgut Concert
    Last edited by bellgamin; 06-07-2020 at 08:33 PM. Reason: spacing
    Make UU smile: Support the Forum.

I have the Telecaster. I came home two weeks ago and noticed a large box at my front door. I knew I wasn’t expecting anything. Collected the box, opened it, to my great surprise there was this beautiful guitar looking ukulele inside. Oh my, I was stunned. And thankful for the surprise gift from my son. He loves his dad of 47 years.

I love it. It’s superbly built in every way. Has a pickup with tuner, and sounds great. This concert size uke is just awesome. I do plan to change strings to Worth Browns, but no hurry.

I don’t count myself as a “reviewer”, by any stretch. But yes, I would recommend this uke. If for nothing else than the pleasure of moving your hand up and down the sides of the fretboard. So smooth and gorgeous.
    “Well, today is a good day to make music.”

Good to know, thanx Terrgy. I think I would get the tele as well. I’m wonder if there is a sound different between the 3 different body styles. From what I’ve seen the tele seems the most popular.....and I’d get the yellow colour.

Actually, it appears the Jazzmaster is the most sought after. But I think most sound much alike. Mine is a jewel when amped up. I like the controls. And the tuner is spot on.

On my own, I probably wouldn’t have purchased this ukulele. With my purchase of a Lava a few months back, I feel one non-traditional uke would have been enough. But I am thankful to have this Fender Tele, and like it very much. Nothing not to like.

This is also my first concert size uke. Chording seems to be easier. The E chord is a breeze, which I have always struggled to play clean. Yeh concert.

Thanx Terrgy, I have a tenor and a concert Uke......I think I like the tenor better, even though some chords are a bit of a stretch....my issue is D....with my fat fingers its kind of ugly. Do you have an amp with lots of toys? I’m thinking that’s where the fun will be.

Rps. Yes, I have several amps, but I wouldn’t say I have a lot of toys. Only those that are built into the amp, Luke tone, reverb, chorus, delay, and a couple of others I don’t use. My main amp for performing is a Roland Mobile Cube.
    Been using it for over five years with no hiccups. Mic and instrument plug-in, use it 90% of the time batteries only. Love it. I am not tech savvy.

I know you didn’t ask for all this info, but just thought you might be interested.

Actually Terrgy, I did find it interesting. I am slowly moving to electric ukes and of course amps. So I did find it useful. Thanx

Hi Bill1, they certainly have quite a few models. I would be interested in how the Fullerton compares to the Grace Vanderwaal series as the GV has Fishman preamp and the Fullerton has a Fender branded one.....both for the same money ( in Canada ). However the Fullerton does look cooler.

Thread Information