Does something look off here?

That does look off. I thought it just might be the camera angle but I held my uke up at various angles and I couldn't get it to look like that.

I would ask for a straight-on shot, but I agree from the picture, it looks funky

I think it is camera angle.

If you go straight to it on Elderly's site, you can see a 360 view.

I think it is this listing?

To my eye it looks like a camera angle issue

I don't think the nut would look like that from just a camera angle. Unless the outlining was really bad.

And that's a lot of fingerboard left of the G-string even accounting for string height.

But, I've been fooled before.

Here are three views, taken from the 360 degree view on Elderly's site at the link in my previous post.

Screenshot from 2020-06-04 19-12-34.jpg
Screenshot from 2020-06-04 19-11-42.jpg
Screenshot from 2020-06-04 19-12-09.jpg

I was wrong. I think it's a combination of angle and the reflection of the white background blowing out the side highlights with the reflection.

I'd just give Elderly a call, have them pull it out and inspect it (which they would have done from the beginning) and give you a report. They could even give you all the specs....string heights, etc. Maybe even measure the points of which you are concerned. They are accomodating like that. I hope it is what you like/want and it turns out to be just fine.

Top Bottom