Lyin' Eyes by The Eagles

The Pashmeister

Reaction score
At last, I think this is a song that I can sing...only just though.
Hope you enjoy.

Yeah, you can't post anything that says "Eagles" on YouTube, or has a song that one of the band wrote (at least in the US); they are very protective of their intellectual property, and you've been flagged for copyright violation by UMPG Publishing in the US.

I'm sorry we can't see the video.

Not bad at all. :)

(It's still viewable in the UK, at the moment at least.)

Yup! I'm in the UK and can watch it still. It's different here than in the US it seems....it happened to me a while ago...you get marked up as a 'copyright violation' but people can still watch it. If however, such a video gets 'monetised' and therefore begins to earn money via YouTube, they pay it all direct to the Eagles' people and not you. Fair play on that I suppose - the song DOES belong to them after all - but out of all the artists out there, the Eagles are probably the strictest I know on this. You'd think that for people like us who, on the whole, are just having fun playing and celebrating their music, they'd be delighted - but there you go.

Good job with this one by the way!!!

Thank you for the compliments.
I've had quite a few videos on youtube with the "Copyright Claim" issue on them, but this is the first that's been blocked anywhere.
It's a shame, because I think it's probably my best.
I did start uploading videos onto youtube with the hope of raising a bit of cash, but quickly realised that this isn't realistic. You need a heck of a lot of subscribers and many viewing hours to achieve any kind of monetisation.
Now, I just upload for fun and it does give me a buzz when I get nice comments or additional subscribers.

Thank you all.

I haven't used it myself, but it is possible one of the other services (Is it called Venmo, or something like that?) will let you upload a video by that group, and it will be viewable in the US.

Top Bottom