Season 434 - 'Groundhog Year'

WHAT A GREAT WEEK! :rock:

so hard to pick out faves! huge thanks to everyone, because you all brought such wonderful songs and vids. subtracting the vids from me and del, i make it 110 entries on the playlist, and every one a gem!

i would like to especially thank YORK STEVE, BOB J. KING, and JON, for their fabulous t rex covers, which i loved so much!

also additional shout outs to...

WIM for "lessons in love", "with or without you" and "an englishman in new york"

CAZTECLO for "intergalactic" by the beastie boys

NOT ANOTHER LINDA for "killing me softly"

TOOTLER for "scarborough fair"

and YUKIO for bringing the year 1500 to the season!

and here are my WINNERS...

GINA for her truly outstanding original song, "91"

UKULELE DAVEEY for wonderful covers of "spirit in the sky" and "yellow river"

REDPAUL
for "broken english" which was amazingly true to the feel of the original

WEE GINGA YIN for a very lovely and moving performance of "let it be me"

and RYAN for his brilliant kasabian and wolfmother covers

GINA, UKULELE DAVEEY, REDPAUL, WEE GINGA YIN, and RYAN - please PM me your addresses!

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING MY LOVELY CO-HOST DEL, FOR MAKING THIS SEASON SO GREAT, AND SUCH A DELIGHT TO HOST! YOU ALL ROCK! :rock:

Thank you both so much! Both for the shout out and the win! Had such a good time this week.

Okay folks here’s the wrap part 1 - Lynda’s will follow shortly!

3 winners each wasn’t enough - you are all too good - so we extended that to 5 each! See Lynda’s wrap for her choices - mine are in the video below.

Would the winners please PM their postal addresses to me so that I can send their prizes. If any winners don’t particularly want their prize that’s fine (we won’t be offended!) - but please let us know so that we can send unwanted spares to anyone else that wants one (while stocks last!). :)

Thanks all again!

Just noticed that the groundhog pictured in the video bears an uncanny resemblance to my lockdown beard! :D

I'm with Ryan, on this, thank you both for the shout out and the win! Had a great time this week. 1987 was a great year in music.

Thanks for the shout out. I didn’t get all the songs done that I wanted to. But I learned a bit about 1955 and discovered more songs that I love. So, interesting week. Thanks for hosting, this seemed like quite a bit of work. So many songs! I haven’t caught up yet on all the videos and now Earworms has already started.

That was an amazing week. My mind was blown many times over and I was nodding in agreement with these many worthy winners. Thanks Del and Lynda!

Wow guys firstly thanks for hosting a fabulous week i had so much fun even though i thought i struggled with some of the songs,i am absolutely blown away to be picked as a winner,i dont win anything,not even a tenner on the lottery, so i am.genuinely touched,especially as ive had a long absence frim the seasons so there is a positive from being in lockdown,thank you so much del and lynda and all the seasonistas taking part and commenting,love you guys stay safe x

Greetings,

I thank you so much for this week and the win. Congrats to all, and once again thanks for bringing joy (to a world in need).

Ciao

Thank you so much, Lynda and Del, for such an incredible, fantastic week!!! So many congrats to all of the winners and ‘shout outs!’ The entries were, as Yukio states, mind blowing! So much talent — it’s astounding! I love to watch Seasonista vids come in — I learn so much from people, not to mention, I tremendously enjoy hearing/watching what folks bring! Though, of course, it’s about having fun and being in community, in all of the years I’ve participated in the SOTU, I’ve never had the opportunity to experience a ‘win’ — that said, Del, I am especially touched by your selection of ‘We Are Family’ — sending so, so, so much heartfelt gratitude for having this honor! I am quite surprised and I would absolutely LOVE a Yazuke CD, pretty, pretty please!!! :)

Yea! Three winners for 1979! "Air" "We Are Family" & "Broken English"!
I'm deeply honoured to be mentioned in the company of the other two members of the 1979 Club.
Thanks for a great week, Del'n'Kim. I can't remember the last time I was inspired to put up so many entries for a Season.

I can't remember the last time I was inspired to put up so many entries for a Season.
Me too. I normally stick to one or two, but having the freedom of 1970 just tempted me to do more. Thanks for the shout-outs, well done to the winners, and a huge round of applause to our perfect hosts.

Thank you all! It was a joy!

Only 2 of my winners have supplied addresses so far - don't be shy folks! :)

Great week! Congrats to the winners and all involved. How do we get hold of that CD without being winners?

Great week! Congrats to the winners and all involved. How do we get hold of that CD without being winners?
Bless you, Berni - very flattered that you should ask! PM me your address and I’ll see what I can do! :)

w9FoVmW.jpg

IT'S HEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE! Can't wait to give it a listen.

And loving the Pooh postcard too Lynda. Thank you!

My winners won’t be receiving a postcard with their CD as I don’t make a habit of sending pooh through the post - unless of course somebody really annoys me in which case I’m happy to make an exception! ;)

(My winners will, however, get a nice little message printed on the inside cover of their CD insert as a memento of their achievement.)

del! lol!!!!!!!

so glad it all got to you ok, ryan, and really promptly too - i think royal mail is definitely getting back to normal, we even had a saturday post this weekend, first time in ages! so, yay for royal mail! i think post to the states is still hugely delayed though, so i dunno when gina's disc will arrive, it is on its way though

Thank you for my CD and card too. I've really enjoyed listening to Yazuke over the last couple of weeks. Super pleased I was one of the lucky winners from this Season.

Top Bottom