I Took the Plunge

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I like ukuleles, ukulele people, and Ukulele Magazine. About a month ago, they offered "All Access" to every issue ever printed for $99.99. I was tempted, but I declined.

I just received another email from them.

"In the seven years we’ve been publishing it, Ukulele has never been profit-making. This has always been a labor of love and now, more than ever, we’re relying on our global community of readers to show us some love"

They apparently need the money, so I put $99.99 on my credit card to help them out. I'd hate to see this magazine go out of business. There are enough of us playing ukulele that we could all help to keep them in business with a simple subscription - or even All Access.

I renewed my subscription for 3-years before they made this offer. It is an excellent magazine with articles about players, festivals, makers, reviews and how-to improve your playing.

I have all the magazines, but I went ahead and sent in my $99 just to support them. It would be very sad to see them cease publication!

I have all the magazines, but I went ahead and sent in my $99 just to support them. It would be very sad to see them cease publication!

I wasn't able to download all the issues. For about three of them, I got a message saying that the link had expired. I asked the mag about this, and they're looking into it. I got a link that got me this.

Uke Mag Order.jpg

Thanks for posting this! I purchased mine a few weeks back.
Here is the link for those interested.
https://store.ukulelemag.com/collections/homepage/products/ukulele-magazine-all-access-subscription

I had trouble downloading some issues. I finally got all but #23, and it's acting as if I've used up my downloads, either by time or number of downloads. Uke Mag hasn't been able to help me. The way I understood it, once I paid, I'd have unlimited access indefinitely.

I received the plea e-mail AGAIN tonight; I have already bought enough of the back issues to never make the full library worth the purchase. So I resubscribed and ordered the back issues that I missed over the last year (!).

I tried to subscribe at the LA Ukulele Festival...but they weren't there last year.

It's a good resource worth keeping in business...but the advertising can't be enough to keep it afloat. I'd prefer a $20 per year digital version only...but don't think they'll offer it.

They should also offer a sale on back issues...$4 each.

I received the plea e-mail AGAIN tonight; I have already bought enough of the back issues to never make the full library worth the purchase. So I resubscribed and ordered the back issues that I missed over the last year (!).

I tried to subscribe at the LA Ukulele Festival...but they weren't there last year.

It's a good resource worth keeping in business...but the advertising can't be enough to keep it afloat. I'd prefer a $20 per year digital version only...but don't think they'll offer it.

They should also offer a sale on back issues...$4 each.

I was finally able to get all the issues, overcoming some glitches with several of them. I forget what the trick was, but looking back over the previous posts, I think you will find the suggestion that someone offered.

The ability to download them is limited, though. Too bad. I think it's limited by number of downloads and/or time.

LOL that was my first thought as well. He's selling off his stash.
Plunge. Purge Perplex

Top Bottom