Tenor "Keeper" Ukulele

I just picked up a new tenor, a Pono MT-SP. It's solid wood, mahogany back and sides, spruce top, satin finish, bone nut and saddle. It sounds wonderful with Worth Brown strings, very warm, resonant, and has good volume. And it was under $400. I have more expensive tenor ukes, but I wanted something that sounded really, really good and that I can take places without worrying too much about it because of the cost. So this is my take-out tenor. :) Some would refer to it as a beater uke, but I'm very careful with my instruments, so the term "beater" doesn't seem to fit.

Just to clear this thread up, I put in an order for a custom uke - will keep the details under wraps until it gets here but it should certainly be a bit different... 7 weeks to go!

Thanks for the advice everyone, there were so many good possibilities but when it was suggested I could get a custom uke in my price range it seemed too good to pass up. I also know I definitely shouldn't get bored of it as it's made just for me :)

Good for you! What a lot of fun that is. We'll be looking for it!

Top Bottom