What’s with the Honolulu USPS?

Swamp Yankee

Reaction score
I ordered a set of Uke logic strings. The seller got them packed and to the post office quickly enough, but once they made it to the USPS Regional Distribution Center in Honolulu (at 02:43 on 5/31) they just sat there until 18:47 on 6/6 before they were shipped out to the next destination. :p :mad:

I ordered a couple of sets from Joel via his Etsy store on June 2. I received them yesterday, June 8. No problems getting them from HI to PA.

USPS is taking the longest to ship right now, because of the pandemic. Packages hit the Distribution Centers and then just seem to sit there. It's not just Honolulu. I've had the same problems with centers in PA, Georgia, Virginia, New Jersey, etc. FedEx UPS, and DHL have not been as delayed, so if you're shipping or have a choice, use them. I've been waiting 3 months for a package from the USSR. Tracking says it's sitting in the distribution center.

I don't think 1 slow package means too much. Maybe it just got misplaced at the post office. I have received 3 first class envelopes from Honolulu (to California) this month that all arrived within 3 business days.

I ordered a set of Uke logic strings. The seller got them packed and to the post office quickly enough, but once they made it to the USPS Regional Distribution Center in Honolulu (at 02:43 on 5/31) they just sat there until 18:47 on 6/6 before they were shipped out to the next destination. :p :mad:

I live in Honolulu and having packages sit in the Regional Distribution Center in Honolulu for days, sometimes weeks, was common before the whole Corona thing. You stuff gets pushed to the back of the heap and they cherry pick from the top when its busy. Now at least they have an excuse...

not so many planes flying to/from the mainland anymore

Although the USPS does not have it's own fleet of planes, it does contract with commercial carriers. If flights decline in number, that could affect delivery times. However, the USPS is FedEx's largest customer, so the mail should keep moving.

This article is from March - drastic reduction in flights between HI and mainland.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/willmc...d-and-hawaii-starting-this-week/#7518d4f34fad

I live in Honolulu and having packages sit in the Regional Distribution Center in Honolulu for days, sometimes weeks, was common before the whole Corona thing. You stuff gets pushed to the back of the heap and they cherry pick from the top when its busy. Now at least they have an excuse...

Yes, Covid-19 is providing lots of excuses.

I ordered a couple of sets from Joel via his Etsy store on June 2. I received them yesterday, June 8. No problems getting them from HI to PA.

I ordered them from Joel’s Etsy store on 5/29... haven’t got them yet. I’m two states to the NE of you in CT.

Top Bottom