Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: aNueNue owners, need your help, please

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,283

    Default aNueNue owners, need your help, please

    Hi, I’ve totally been bitten by the aNueNue bug! If you own an aNueNue ukulele, please, I need your help! Those who own aNueNue ukes, if you could chime in, and please let me know what the nut width is on your uke, I’d be grateful!

    Also, if you could share your thoughts regarding what you think about the neck profile on your instrument — and also if your instrument has a radius fretboard — I’d appreciate it! I recently spoke with a Koa Bird tenor owner who told me her instrument did have a radius to it. I don’t know if this is only for certain models, tho.

    Thanks, everyone!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Happy to help, in any way I can.

    My Anuenue is the UC200 concert scale Moonbird, with spruce top, rosewood back and sides.

    The nut width (as measured by me) is about 36mm with a string spacing of about 30mm from g to A.

    I find the neck profile to be one of the most comfortable of all my instruments; rounded, but not too round. It is kind of in the Goldilock "just right" place. The fretboard does appear to have a gentle radius to it.
    Mainly a concert player.

    Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano | Rebel Double Cream mango concert
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2 (special) | Kanile'a K-1 C | Bruko #6
    Anuenue UC200 Moonbird Concert | UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cluze View Post
    Happy to help, in any way I can.

    My Anuenue is the UC200 concert scale Moonbird, with spruce top, rosewood back and sides.

    The nut width (as measured by me) is about 36mm with a string spacing of about 30mm from g to A.

    I find the neck profile to be one of the most comfortable of all my instruments; rounded, but not too round. It is kind of in the Goldilock "just right" place. The fretboard does appear to have a gentle radius to it.
    Hi! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback- I really appreciate it!! :-)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hochapeafarm View Post
    Hi! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback- I really appreciate it!! :-)
    I will also say that my Moonbird may be my favorite instrument. See my signature to appreciate the competition for that distinction, so this is not a statement I make lightly. It is absolutely sublime.
    Mainly a concert player.

    Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano | Rebel Double Cream mango concert
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2 (special) | Kanile'a K-1 C | Bruko #6
    Anuenue UC200 Moonbird Concert | UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    992

    Default

    My US200 soprano Moon Bird has a 36 mm nut as well. One thing to note about aNueNues is that the string spacing is fairly wide as well, meaning that there isn't that much space between the outer strings and the edge of the fretboard. I wouldn't consider that as a deal breaker but it's something you need to get used to.

    Regarding the neck profile, there's almost a flat point on the neck towards the headstock, quite similar to Kanile'a necks. Since the neck is fairly thin anyway, this makes it really comfortable, for me at least. Both aNueNue and Kanile'a ukes have really nice playability because of this.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    8,158

    Default

    For the Lion model -

    Fretboard
    Ebony is a hard dense tone wood with silky smooth feeling. It's a stable wood to be a fretboard, adds brightness to the tone, and faster attack. The 44mm nut width along with the 20-fret design, allows for endless tonal possibilities.

    I'll try to measure mine (tenor) later.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cluze View Post
    I will also say that my Moonbird may be my favorite instrument. See my signature to appreciate the competition for that distinction, so this is not a statement I make lightly. It is absolutely sublime.
    Thank you, Cluze-- appreciate the help and, yeah, you've got a lovely herd of ukes, indeed!
    Last edited by Hochapeafarm; 06-10-2020 at 12:18 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohle View Post
    My US200 soprano Moon Bird has a 36 mm nut as well. One thing to note about aNueNues is that the string spacing is fairly wide as well, meaning that there isn't that much space between the outer strings and the edge of the fretboard. I wouldn't consider that as a deal breaker but it's something you need to get used to.

    Regarding the neck profile, there's almost a flat point on the neck towards the headstock, quite similar to Kanile'a necks. Since the neck is fairly thin anyway, this makes it really comfortable, for me at least. Both aNueNue and Kanile'a ukes have really nice playability because of this.
    Thank you, Dohle! I've not had the pleasure of playing a Kanile'a yet, but I can appreciate what you note re: playability, comfort, etc in the neck profile. I'm grateful for your thoughts -- thanks for replying to my thread!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    For the Lion model -

    Fretboard
    Ebony is a hard dense tone wood with silky smooth feeling. It's a stable wood to be a fretboard, adds brightness to the tone, and faster attack. The 44mm nut width along with the 20-fret design, allows for endless tonal possibilities.

    I'll try to measure mine (tenor) later.

    Jerryc41, thanks for the info -- I believe that's exactly what the aNueNue web site notes re: their Lion LOUT tenor, yes? Is your tenor orange, too? I loved that model! Sadly, 44 mm is far too wide of a nut width for me due to wrist tendonitis. I was tempted by that model, tho; it's gorgeous! I appreciate your reply -- thanks, again!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    147

    Default

    I also have the UC200 Moonbird and love it. Great sound and harmonics, sustain. I agree it has a comfortable neck to play. I just recently bought an aNueNue ASOS Series aNN-AMM2 Concert Ukulele - New 2019 Design and it is great too and much less money than the Moonbird. All mahogany and goes about $600.00 or slightly less. Has the same neck profile and nut width as the moonbird. Also, great sustain and harmonics, warm sound. Came with a great padded gig bag. Might be the way to go if you want to try an Anuenue and not spend tons of money at first. I think because it has the same bracing as the moonbird it has that great sound and sustain. Both of these are my favorites, however, the Moonbird comes first. Both of these have a slight radius fret board that you would hardly know but makes it comfortable.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •