Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: aNueNue owners, need your help, please

Quote Originally Posted by CYN View Post
    I also have the UC200 Moonbird and love it. Great sound and harmonics, sustain. I agree it has a comfortable neck to play. I just recently bought an aNueNue ASOS Series aNN-AMM2 Concert Ukulele - New 2019 Design and it is great too and much less money than the Moonbird. All mahogany and goes about $600.00 or slightly less. Has the same neck profile and nut width as the moonbird. Also, great sustain and harmonics, warm sound. Came with a great padded gig bag. Might be the way to go if you want to try an Anuenue and not spend tons of money at first. I think because it has the same bracing as the moonbird it has that great sound and sustain. Both of these are my favorites, however, the Moonbird comes first. Both of these have a slight radius fret board that you would hardly know but makes it comfortable.
    Thank you, CYN, for sharing your feedback — I thought about the African Mahogany (AMM) models, too — I listened to some sound samples online and they sound beautiful. I talked with Kalei yesterday; he told me that this model and the Moon Birds do have a slight radius — as does the basic Koa tenor that goes for about $1k. Those were the models I had inquired about when I reached out to him and Corey.

I also have the UC200 Moonbird and love it. Great sound and harmonics, sustain. I agree it has a comfortable neck to play. I just recently bought an aNueNue ASOS Series aNN-AMM2 Concert Ukulele - New 2019 Design and it is great too and much less money than the Moonbird. All mahogany and goes about $600.00 or slightly less. Has the same neck profile and nut width as the moonbird. Also, great sustain and harmonics, warm sound. Came with a great padded gig bag. Might be the way to go if you want to try an Anuenue and not spend tons of money at first. I think because it has the same bracing as the moonbird it has that great sound and sustain. Both of these are my favorites, however, the Moonbird comes first. Both of these have a slight radius fret board that you would hardly know but makes it comfortable.
    The bracing system is actually a good point to raise. I checked the aNueNue website and there was no mention of the bracing system on the AMM2, whereas it was separately mentioned for the Moon Birds, for instance. Then again, I was under the impression that the 1K koa models didn't have the bracing system either but it is mentioned on the website for those models so I'm honestly not sure at this point. If you have a contact for aNueNue it's a good idea to ask directly from them. I will however say that even the mahogany models, new bracing system or not, is a really nice uke also.

Don't know if this might help but it was what I was talking about that the Anuenue Mahogany has a different bracing system. "More than a year of researching and prototyping went into building the ASOS Series. We redefined the ukulele making process and took its playability to the next level. The innovative brace design, balanced with quality materials, led this instrument to be warmer, deeper and fuller sounding than previous ukuleles. It also lends itself well to fingerstyle picking. "

►ASOS Africa Mahogany Series
    Africa Mahogany Series used all solid africa mahogany which is has very bright tone, articulate, and more gives it subtle overtones.
    - Africa Mahogany II / Mini Concert (model: aNN-AMM2)
    - Africa Mahogany II Plus / Concert (model: aNN-AMM2Plus)
    - Africa Mahogany III / Tenor (model: aNN-AMM3)
    INFO: http://www.anuenue-uke.com/en/ukulel

Quote Originally Posted by Dohle View Post
    The bracing system is actually a good point to raise. I checked the aNueNue website and there was no mention of the bracing system on the AMM2, whereas it was separately mentioned for the Moon Birds, for instance. Then again, I was under the impression that the 1K koa models didn't have the bracing system either but it is mentioned on the website for those models so I'm honestly not sure at this point. If you have a contact for aNueNue it's a good idea to ask directly from them. I will however say that even the mahogany models, new bracing system or not, is a really nice uke also.
    Old thread, but I thought I'd chime in. I've been looking for a concert or tenor koa bird UC3K/UT3K and was considering the UC1K/UT1K even though I love the Moon theme of the more expensive models. I asked Anuenue USA if the lower model birds use the Mount Fuji bracing and was told they don't.... so still looking for a Koa Bird.... I am even considering a LOUT if I can find one....it's so very very orange, but I dig the idea of a Cedar top on Koa.... I've got a Cedar Moon Bird Concert (Cedar over Rosewood) that I love, so I figure an almost Moonbird in Cedar/Koa would sound pretty amazing even if it and the case are soooooo orange...
    Last edited by shanmoon; 06-12-2021 at 04:56 PM.

[QUOTE=CYN;2231237]...."More than a year of researching and prototyping went into building the ASOS Series. We redefined the ukulele making process and took its playability to the next level. The innovative brace design, balanced with quality materials, led this instrument to be warmer, deeper and fuller sounding than previous ukuleles. It also lends itself well to fingerstyle picking. "

What exactly is their "innovative brace design", and how does it differ from the more standard fan or X-braced designs??
    John

Quote Originally Posted by shanmoon View Post
    Old thread, but I thought I'd chime in. I've been looking for a concert or tenor koa bird UC3K/UT3K and was considering the UC1K/UT1K even though I love the Moon theme of the more expensive models. I asked Anuenue USA if the lower model birds use the Mount Fuji bracing and was told they don't.... so still looking for a Koa Bird.... I am even considering a LOUT if I can find one....it's so very very orange, but I dig the idea of a Cedar top on Koa.... I've got a Cedar Moon Bird Concert (Cedar over Rosewood) that I love, so I figure an almost Moonbird in Cedar/Koa would sound pretty amazing even if it and the case are soooooo orange...
    I don't think it's a Moon Bird if it has a cedar top. The Moon Bird designation refers to the type of Swiss Spruce they use for the top. But, maybe things have changed since I last looked at their website.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don't begin to know until you begin to try to do.

--Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

[QUOTE=Ukecaster;2281566]
    ...."More than a year of researching and prototyping went into building the ASOS Series. We redefined the ukulele making process and took its playability to the next level. The innovative brace design, balanced with quality materials, led this instrument to be warmer, deeper and fuller sounding than previous ukuleles. It also lends itself well to fingerstyle picking. "

What exactly is their "innovative brace design", and how does it differ from the more standard fan or X-braced designs??
    There are many factors that go into the bracing used in uke design. You can have different shapes, thicknesses, lengths, arrays and locations of the bracing pieces. Yet still be an X or Fan or Lattice style of bracing. Then there's the contact points and ways used to lighten the structure with holes or truss designs. Even the type of wood and glues you use can affect the soundboard vibration. Not to mention the sound hole location. And of course the properties of the top are a factor. It's as much an art as a science.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don't begin to know until you begin to try to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    I don't think it's a Moon Bird if it has a cedar top. The Moon Bird designation refers to the type of Swiss Spruce they use for the top. But, maybe things have changed since I last looked at their website.
    They make cedar top moon birds:

https://www.anuenueusa.com/products/...moonbird-tenor
    Last edited by rainbow21; 06-13-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow21 View Post
    Shows you what I know. Interesting. Thanks for letting me know.

I just measured my AMM3.
    Nut width 36 mm, string spacing 29 mm.
    As I used a ruler in a dark room, this might be +\- 1mm.

The fretboard is ever so sligthly radiused. I had it for a long time without noticing.
    Playing:
    Anuenue AMM tenor - Magic Fluke Koa Tenor - Cocobolo concert - Kamaka Tiki concert - Cort concert - Ohana LN soprano.

Thread Information