Romero creations st concert uke

tanyatuxedo

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this uke?:

Romero Creations® ST Concert 'Ukulele (RC-STL) mahogany body, satin finish

I cannot find much on youtube or internet as far as review and wonder if this is a good quality ukulele. They have this uke at Reverb and Uke Like the Pros.

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks!

Romero Creations makes good ukes. They mostly make all solid wood models, but this is one of their budget laminates. This model is one of their major design shapes. In this case, they take a concert scale length (string lengths), shorten the overall length of the uke to soprano size, and try to make the body size similar to a larger tenor. They're basically trying to make a smaller uke with a bigger sound, which is why it looks unconventional. The larger tenor version of these were pretty popular on UU a few years ago, which is a good sign that they're decent ukuleles. I have played one of their ST concerts before, and it sounded pretty good, but it was not the STL laminate version, which I don't think would be too different.

I'm a fan. I had the ST and TT laminate versions and have since upgraded both to mahogany solid bodies. They were originally about $300 new and you got a lot of bang for your buck. I don't care so much about the size factor, but the playability and sound blew me away. My least expensive ukes were my favorite to play. There are lots of reviews of them here and elsewhere on the web.

Hello
I like my ST version which has the Solid Spruce top. Nice size, good voice, and given its laminated back and sides is a reasonably durable instrument for travelling around.

Top Bottom