BEWARE: Wanna Be Friends?

Martinlover

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Some of us have noticed that the milli-second we publish a live video on YouTube, we get a comment from someone we don’t know. There are no views at this point either. The comment is posted by seemingly different account names with different icons, and state:
Wanna be friends?
Or Let’s be friends.
Or some statement that ends with I want to be your friend.

DO NOT REPLY OR COMMENT BACK! From what I have googled online, this is a scam that can possibly take over your YouTube account. It will then post comments on other YT accounts that you didn’t write.

C782F81D-2823-42B0-90C5-717829F30DC5.jpg

Last edited:
My Twitter account gets chat requests a few times a week. Usually from beautiful, young, Christian women who just want to be friends with an elderly, bald, overweight ukulele player! :rolleyes:

My Twitter account gets chat requests a few times a week. Usually from beautiful, young, Christian women who just want to be friends with an elderly, bald, overweight ukulele player! :rolleyes:

Who wouldn't?

Yeah, I get that. I've been wondering if I should delete the comments and/or ban the users - or leave them as it is more hits. :)

I usually just delete the comments - no idea how to ban the user - especially when there are identical comments from the same use, with the same time stamp.

I will click on the name of an unknown user, to see if it is someone who I should know - and it often is -but when it looks to be generic, non-music related, away it goes.

-Kurt​

No trolls or jeers on our channel yet. But we haven't been largely viewed yet.
I've seen this on other videos though. It might be a bot.

Can't think of any reason why someone wouldn't want to be friends with someone who plays ukulele. :)
Maybe they'd like to buy you that Moore Bettah that is up for auction? That would be a good friend.

I constantly get friend requests from people I don't know on facebook. Friends of friends usually. I'm a retired music educator and facebook friends with a few people I taught with. Teachers in the building I retired from who I don't even know have sent me requests.

Some of us have noticed that the milli-second we publish a live video on YouTube, we get a comment from someone we don’t know. There are no views at this point either. The comment is posted by seemingly different account names with different icons, and state:
Wanna be friends?
Or Let’s be friends.
Or some statement that ends with I want to be your friend.

DO NOT REPLY OR COMMENT BACK! From what I have googled online, this is a scam that can possibly take over your YouTube account. It will then post comments on other YT accounts that you didn’t write.

View attachment 127704

Hey, Jo ~ Yep, I get these comments on my vids and I have also seen that other Seasonistas are getting these comments on their videos as well. I also even noticed today, when Danielle Ate the Sandwich posted a new video, she had the exact same comments. One YT user name that ‘writes’ these comments goes by ‘Song’ and then there are a couple of other one-name YT user names that I see, like ‘Krystial’ (or something like that), that also post the same ‘wanna be friends’ stuff. I’ve further noticed that the same icon appears for the different YT usernames with these comments — and the ‘Song’ YT username is now using at least 2 different icons for its user name. I thought that these were bots. I delete these comments but have noticed others are not doing this; I have also seen some people comment back. Additionally, I’ve seen comments that will say ‘Heart my comment’ — which, I delete, those, too.

Hey, Jo ~ Yep, I get these comments on my vids and I have also seen that other Seasonistas are getting these comments on their videos as well. I also even noticed today, when Danielle Ate the Sandwich posted a new video, she had the exact same comments. One YT user name that ‘writes’ these comments goes by ‘Song’ and then there are a couple of other one-name YT user names that I see, like ‘Krystial’ (or something like that), that also post the same ‘wanna be friends’ stuff. I’ve further noticed that the same icon appears for the different YT usernames with these comments — and the ‘Song’ YT username is now using at least 2 different icons for its user name. I thought that these were bots. I delete these comments but have noticed others are not doing this; I have also seen some people comment back. Additionally, I’ve seen comments that will say ‘Heart my comment’ — which, I delete, those, too.

Right, they are bots.

I like a nice bot.

John Colter

Top Bottom