Cordoba UP-1S Soprano (Player Pack)

UkeStuff

Reaction score
This is a review of the Cordoba UP-1S Soprano Ukulele, which comes as part of Cordoba’s Player Pack. I was surprised at how good it was, considering how much I didn’t like its very similar—but much rougher—Cordoba sibling, the Protégé UM1S.

This was a student’s ukulele (1st grade student, 6 years old) that the parents had bought at a school auction. They did well, not having any idea what they were buying.

Interesting review. Cordobas have been hit and miss for me too. Some I love, others leave me flat. I generally like the neck profile.

I laughed at the intro to the one minute review as I finally realized it reminds me of Petey’s videos. :D
And that one tune you play in the full review ... where’s that from? Oh right, Alex at Southern ukulele plays it. You even did the up strum At the end like he always does as he’s a lefty.

The sound samples come from a variety of sources, with the thought that if you want to compare two reviews, you have the same “general” audio as a few other major reviewers.

I play the Snowden Symphony from Mark Pugh (Stones Music)
Für Elise, as transcribed by Mike Lynch (slightly altered)
Rubber Ducy Pete McCarty
I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate (Barry Maz on Got a Ukulele)
Sometimes: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Mim’s demo tune)
Sometimes: I Can’t Help Falling in Love with You by 21 Pilots
And recently Alex Beds’ Pleasing Interlude (Southern Ukulele Store)

I start the videos with playing samples (good or bad) as many commenters for other reviewers asked for that first. And now with chapters on YouTube, people can skip ahead to what interests them.

Top Bottom