Hello from north Louisiana

salsarev

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hey folks! I'm new to the forum and the ukulele. I have an Ohana TK-70R on the way from Uke Republic that should be here tomorrow. This all started a couple of years ago when my grandsons gave me a soprano uke under the Penguin label. I'm an acoustic guitar player (hobbyist) and they thought I needed a uke. I plinked around on it enough to tell them I have played it. However, being a really inexpensive uke, the intonation deteriorates past the second fret!

Fast forward to May of this year. I watched a video of Katie Petersen of the Petersen Family (of all people) playing "Rock of Ages" on her new baritone uke. My interest was piqued and I started watching ukulele videos, doing research, perusing this forum and finally buying one.

I'm looking forward to learning something new!

Welcome to UU Salsarev!
I'm pretty sure you'll kike the Ohana. You bought it from a reputable dealer, so it should be fine. Mike will also deal with any questions etc.
Hold on to that Penguin soprano. You've done some research already, you've discovered UU, so you might want to experiment with the Penguin to improve playability.

Welcome! Uke Republic is a good place to buy from. You'll find that the set-up uke is going to play a lot better! Many on here, including myself, are former acoustic guitar players. The uke is a fun, versatile instrument. Enjoy!

Top Bottom