Strum Melody - Strumming Pattern

Puglele

Reaction score
When I strum chords and sing, I am able to naturally come up with a pattern and sing along.
When I play melodies using strums, not fingerpick,( songs like 12 street rag, Crazy G), how can I decide on the strumming pattern?
The tab consists of full 4 notes on each beat if that makes sense. So I know the chords to use but I don’t know how to incorporate strumming.

When I strum chords and sing, I am able to naturally come up with a pattern and sing along.
When I play melodies using strums, not fingerpick,( songs like 12 street rag, Crazy G), how can I decide on the strumming pattern?
The tab consists of full 4 notes on each beat if that makes sense. So I know the chords to use but I don’t know how to incorporate strumming.

I prefer strumming to picking. I like the sound better. Of course, with some songs, picking might sound better, but I still like strumming.

I don't worry about the numbers on the page when I strum. I just go with what I feel - up and down, fast or slow - however the spirit moves me. I try not to make it mechanical. I choose a beat - a strum - that goes along with the song. I play for my own enjoyment.

I prefer strumming to picking. I like the sound better. Of course, with some songs, picking might sound better, but I still like strumming.

I don't worry about the numbers on the page when I strum. I just go with what I feel - up and down, fast or slow - however the spirit moves me. I try not to make it mechanical. I choose a beat - a strum - that goes along with the song. I play for my own enjoyment.

Thank you I’m going super slow now because just started :)

Thank you I’m going super slow now because just started :)

Going slow is the advice given by every single instructor.

Judging by your screen name, I'm guessing you have a pug or two. We had three at one time, but we're down to just one old lady now.

Judging by your screen name, I'm guessing you have a pug or two. We had three at one time, but we're down to just one old lady now.
One of my dog is a pug mixed but he looks nothing like a pug. I just love pugs but unable to adopt one. I made a commitment to only adopt, no shop. There aren’t pugs in need of adoption. They are too popular.

One of my dog is a pug mixed but he looks nothing like a pug. I just love pugs but unable to adopt one. I made a commitment to only adopt, no shop. There aren’t pugs in need of adoption. They are too popular.

If we had known more about pugs, we wouldn't have bought the three that we did. They were bred to be unhealthy. Everything about them is wrong. It's a shame that people do things like that just to sell a "product." Pugs do come up for adoption occasionally, but with three in the house, we didn't need a fourth.

Top Bottom