NUD Mainland Mahogany Tenor

Rosinante

Reaction score
1F2DD03B-1BA7-4810-9B04-CCB325BA4D57.jpg
74CAEA4A-D24F-46EB-9E0A-E7A93B486181.jpg
D2DEE936-D3D8-4A24-9EF8-1E7A6E3774A9.jpg
BFC0DABF-3ADF-45CE-9A4D-F565BC542B7F.jpg
87B5C547-606B-4AF6-BD69-A4AA3CF5FD54.jpg

Received this little treat Monday and have been settling in with it. As near as I can tell there are no fit and finish issues at all. These ukuleles look so much better in person and with decent pictures than what mainland has up on their site. My first impressions are that the sound is very warm, and that warmth lends to it sounding quiet at times, but it is a really sweet sound. I should add that as I have spent some time with it it seems that the regular daily playing is opening up the volume threshold. Intonation and playability are perfect up and down the neck. I’m not in love with the strings, but they still sound good, I just don’t like the feel I think they are Aquila sugar strings or something. I’ve heard good things about Martin flouros and Worth Browns, so that will definitely be my next experiment.

Overall for the price I’m very happy with what I received. I bought this to have a decent looking and sounding performer for when open mics and shows start becoming available post covid. I will be installing a K&K next month, so that will take care of any perceived lack of volume when it comes to performing.

As a bonus my starter uke, an Ohana laminate concert now belongs to my 8 year old daughter and we have started making two days a week half hour lessons. So far she thinks learning music is hard and weird, but she likes it!

Congratulations to you and your daughter!

Congrats! Looks good!

Congrats on the uke and that goes double for doing music with your kid!

Very nice uke. What a great thing to get your daughter interested in music.

Soon you'll be playing together and having a blast. Disliking each other's choice in music, but having fun with it anyway.

Awesome, have fun!

Very nice! Enjoy playing it.

This is what my bestie played until she bought my LoPrinzi from me. Another friend plays a similar Mainland. They're darn good ukes.

Top Bottom