Using PayPal

Did you pay by credit card? If so, contact your credit card company and dispute the charge.

This does sound like a scam, doesn't it?

Definitely a scam, and I'm hoping my CC company does a better job of investigating. I'm going to contact UPS about the misuse of their delivery information.

PayPal should be dealing with this. As Bellgamin said, this is why we use their service and how they earn their fees.

I've been a very satisfied PayPal customer for many years, with no problems at all, but I'll be very cautious in future. If they don't get a grip on the situation, it could do great damage to their business.

John Colter

I use PayPal because I don't like to give my credit card number to unknown sellers or companies.

As far as reviews are concerned. Some sellers have discovered that they can game the system by posting bogus reviews for their own products. They are sometimes easy to spot and other times not. Amazon started adding "verified buyer" on some reviews meaning they verified that the person bought the product on Amazon.
I'm a freelance writer and several years ago I got an offer to write reviews on products based solely on a brief synopsis of the product and whether it was to be a good or a bad review. I just couldn't go that low. Besides, the pay wasn't very good.

Last edited:
"Besides, the pay wasn't very good"

Ah! Every man has his price!:)

John Colter

Something similar happened to us with PayPal. We STILL months later have received nothing and PayPal is STILL awaiting the company’s response so agreed. I won’t be using it much anymore.

I normally CALL Paypal, and wait a short while, maybe as long as a week, before contacting my CC issuer. I ALWAYS pay via credit, NOT debit card.

I use PayPal because I don't like to give my credit card number to unknown sellers or companies.

As far as reviews are concerned. Some sellers have discovered that they can game the system by posting bogus reviews for their own products. They are sometimes easy to spot and other times not. Amazon started adding "verified buyer" on some reviews meaning they verified that the person bought the product on Amazon.

If you get a Capitol One card, they have a feature called ENO, which gives you a unique 1 time use credit card number for each transaction.

Top Bottom