Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 435 - Earworms

Default Season 435 - Earworms

Welcome to Season 435!

This Season's theme is "Earworms". By definition, an earworm is "a catchy piece of music that continually repeats through a person's mind after it is no longer playing".

I think many of us have experienced earworms, even before we knew the term. The phenonmenon has been researched and there is more info on Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earworm

But this week, "an earworm" can be just any song we'd like to play. Maybe catchy, or maybe haunting songs.

You are welcome to play your own personal earworms or somebody else's earworms that you know of. And if for example a classical piece has an especially earworm-y part in it, you can bring just that part.

Or you can play any song about ears or worms or songs by bands that have "ear" or "worm" in their name.

Original songs, instrumentals and collaborations are all welcome.
    Song limit: One song per day.

- Season starts Sunday, June 14th at 00:01 Hawaii time, and ends Sunday, June 21st at 12 PM Hawaii time.
    - Please mention in the video that it's for Season 435.
    - Multi tracking and other instruments are fine, but ukulele should be the main instrument.

I'll put my comments on your YouTube videos and don't duplicate them here. Please listen to and comment other Seasonistas' videos.

And please remember that the fabulous Groundhog Year Season 434 is still ongoing.

I'm probably opening up a can of worms here, but the best way to get rid of an earworm is to replace it with another earworm.

Playlist

Great theme Ylle! Got a few ideas already!
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Shouting Into a Tin Can EP on Soundcloud now!

great theme! very often i listen to a vid here on the seasons and find the song stays in my head for ages afterwards!
    lynda

acid skiffle

You know what’s really funny, Ylle - since you announced your theme I just can’t seem to get it out of my head!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

thank you for this week Ylle
    this Warren Zevon song has been a lifelong earworm to me,
    especially after hearing Linda Ronstadt sing it

hopefully this is catchy enough to stick in people's heads

I've been obsessed with this song since Brian did it for my Australia week. It's the same four chords throughout so I thought I'd play with mixing it up with different chord positions. It's progression that's fairly easy to play pretty much anywhere on the neck.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Shouting Into a Tin Can EP on Soundcloud now!

Thanks Ylle.
    I hadn't heard this for decades. I heard it recently and the melody and chorus came straight back to me from my childhood. The original by Verdelle Smith is terrific. A hit in 1966 /7. It was the English version of a big Italian hit. It's an enjoyable earworm to my ears. Good timeless lyric too...in the same vein as Big Yellow Taxi..another earworm.

a paoriginal for the season with 'worm' in the title - thanks for hosting Ylle
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 06-14-2020 at 12:25 AM.

Every year, I used to go to Hollesley Uke Jamboree. I'd swap songs with Fluff that we'd perform to each other the next year. Happy days. To be honest, most of them get forgotten about - I'm not very good at playing chords which are written down on paper, as you can probably tell from this video. I found the music in a uke case I was posting to someone yesterday.

This is a song about a person who is an earworm.

Last edited by chris667; 06-14-2020 at 01:21 AM.

Thread Information