Season 435 - Earworms

Originally from an operetta.Johny Mercer wrote some lyrics which was a big hit for the Mills Brothers

G, Eb, C. Repeat until someone stops you. The “bones” of the final passage of Starship Trooper from The Yes Album. You’re welcome.

notwithstanding beyonce's 'irreplaceable', maybe my most loved earworm
live to camera on a concert uke then i added a few extras after the fact this morning
i'll grab my coat...

Hyvä on - Finnish Gypsy Gospel, and being Finnish it has to be in
A minor key and sort of in a tango style. Ylle forgive the bad finnish🤗🤔😃

I went for a walk around the centre of York yesterday, for the first time in about three months. It would normally be bustling with tourists on a Sunday afternoon, but even though our lockdown is easing, things were still very quiet. Most shops were shut, but notices in some windows offered signs of hope that they would re-open soon.
One busker clearly thought there were enough people around to make it worthwhile getting his guitar out and putting his hat on the floor, and this was the song he was playing as I reached the square he had occupied. Because it was so quiet, his music echoed around for ages after I passed him, and after that it was just in my head for the rest of the day.

(Note to self - don't press record when the window is open and the postman is about to call)

Last edited:
WTF are my socks?

Today would have been UkeyDave's 61st birthday. Here's an earworm from him "where tf are my socks?" (NSFW)

Ahoy-hoy
Great theme.
I started thinking about what songs are often stuck in my head and the intro-riff to Layla began playing.
So, here is my rendition of Layla, based on Clapton's acoustic rendition.

Somewhere OTR

Always loved this song...

I'm wearing a hat; 'cos, you know..., Ylle..., hats. Keen observers will note I'm also channelling my inner Rustyy (or is it Ukefoote?).

Today would have been UkeyDave's 61st birthday. Here's an earworm from him "where tf are my socks?" (NSFW)
Thanks for planting that one in my head Paul. If I'm still singing it when my wife gets home, I could be in trouble.

Throwing myself on the mercy of our glorious host with this one! Is there uke most of the way through? Yes! Is it the main instrument? Well...ahem...maybe? ;)

It’s the bass line in this one that’s been an ear worm for me for what seems like forever! The original is great - the cover which came some years later by a lunatic amphibian completely ruined it! This, I sincerely hope, is closer to the original!

And A Bang On The Ear

Not many songs about ears. :)

Last edited:
I went for a walk around the centre of York yesterday, for the first time in about three months. It would normally be bustling with tourists on a Sunday afternoon, but even though our lockdown is easing, things were still very quiet. Most shops were shut, but notices in some windows offered signs of hope that they would re-open soon.
One busker clearly thought there were enough people around to make it worthwhile getting his guitar out and putting his hat on the floor, and this was the song he was playing as I reached the square he had occupied. Because it was so quiet, his music echoed around for ages after I passed him, and after that it was just in my head for the rest of the day.

(Note to self - don't press record when the window is open and the postman is about to call)

You must have better luck than me with buskers Steve,here in Ripon UK only a few miles from you buskers on market days all seem to be very bad piano accordion players sounding more like asthmatic radiators. Of course your buskers have to be licenced don't they ? ours just drop out of a van and vanish when authority shows up.

Top Bottom