NUBD: Kala Acacia...

UkerDanno

Reaction score
I recently learned that Kala made an all solid Acacia model in the early days, I saw one on reverb for a decent price, so I jumped on it. It's also the older pre-preamp version, which I prefer. The one I have now is fretless and I like the fretless, but I feel like I'm getting kind of sloppy. Wasn't sure if I'd like fretted, but I think it will work out.

It's gorgeous, and sounds pretty good, considering the old strings and a broken D string, also the back plate is missing!

IMG_20200613_141535569_HDR.jpg IMG_20200613_141549008_HDR.jpg IMG_20200612_084110121_HDR~2.jpg

Awesome, have fun!

Good on ya' Dan.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Well, I found the backplate...the seller said he was sure it was in the case. I looked around and double and triple checked where I took it out of the case, finally found it, it fell off and sort of bounced under the bed and matched the carpet. But...it doesn't stay on very well, you can see one of the magnets is missing and it doesn't sit solidly in the opening. Pretty bummed, I wanted to try the Acacia model and it seems to sound pretty good, even with a string missing. The place where the magnets sit is kind of cracked and maybe warped a little? The plate seems to be curved, it rocks in the hole. Maybe I'll check with Kala and see if I can get a flat one and another magnet. Or return it...

I contacted the seller and they gave me a $50 credit, put new strings on today. I'll contact Kala and see if I can get a flat backplate, I think it will stay on if it's flat. Not sure about replacing the missing magnet?!

Top Bottom