Noah Rosewood Spruce Tenor - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
I'm always impressed when I see and hear a Noah ukulele. I have several ukes that are way more expensive but I'm still constantly tempted to buy a Noah. The price of these is just so affordable for what you get. And most of the time they also look really nice, as does this one. I would have no hesitation to recommend one of these as someones first quality uke (and in fact, I think I did recommend them to a UU member who ultimately bought the spruce top pineapple, if I recall correctly).

Hmmm.......... it's another UK-only ukulele. I would like to buy one but a goodly search revealed no USA source. Neither did the Noah website give any info on shipping costs. Grrr

That's weird. Their website FAQ does list some countries outside the UK where they claim they can ship to, but in the checkout whenever I choose any other country than the UK they claim that there are no shipping options available. Then again, my home country is not listed and neither is the US, but even if I try to test with one of the countries listed, like Germany, it still won't let me order. And even then, I would've thought shipping within the EU would be no problem anyway. Bizarre. Guess I won't be ordering then either.

Really nice uke for the money! But, Americans won't be able to order it.
I really like that uke, except I really dislike pin bridges on ukuleles. They belong on guitars.

I've had a couple of comments about Americans not being able to order - is that true? (I genuinely don't know). Lots of stores in the UK ship the USA. Don't know of Noah do - but worth asking the question of Matt direct and seeing what he can do.

Either way - I am a reviewer based in the UK - The vast majority of what I review is available everywhere and I've often reviewed USA ukes that are cost prohibitive to get in the UK itself - but I can't ignore what is available locally.

Last edited:
I've had a couple of comments about Americans not being able to order - is that true? (I genuinely don't know). Lots of stores in the UK ship the USA. Don't know of Noah do - but worth asking the question?

Either way - I am a reviewer based in the UK - The vast majority of what I review is available everywhere - but I can't ignore what is available locally.

As I mentioned above, Noah does list certain European countries in their FAQ that they they claim to ship to but it seems you only get shipping options for the UK. I'm thinking this might have something to do with the pandemic going on but I'm not sure. I might try to message them and ask if I decide to order from them.

What I can say is - Matt is a very nice accomodating chap and very approachable. I suspect he would be open to the discusson at least. If it's not possible, it's not possible... but worth asking.

Posted to the Noah Ukes fb site on 24 July:

Noah Ukuleles are handmade in a small workshop, using all solid woods and I'm [i.e. Matt] very happy to say tha they are now available worldwide! If you live outside of the UK and would like to order one, you can now do this by sending an email to matt@noahukuleles.com

Last edited:
Top Bottom