Strap: Is this a mistake?

rorym

Reaction score
I’ve always attached my strap just above the nut which has served me just fine. I just realized that with my relatively new Kala I could utilize the slotted headstock to move the mount location 3 cm higher and get the string away from the top of the fret board.

The headstock is 2 cm thick and seems quite strong.

C43C1EB5-2AEF-42E5-9C0A-53A273F47A78.jpg

I've been attaching the strap in the middle of the head stock for years and no problems. It's a better position for playing as your thumb or palm doesn't bang into the strap. A slotted head stock makes such a connection that much easier. Realize the instrument is very light and the head stock is made of hardwood so it's tough.

I’ve always attached my strap just above the nut which has served me just fine. I just realized that with my relatively new Kala I could utilize the slotted headstock to move the mount location 3 cm higher and get the string away from the top of the fret board.

The headstock is 2 cm thick and seems quite strong.

View attachment 127801

I don't think you're going to break the headstock. I just prefer the look and the feel of a strap attached to the heel. I can imagine the cord marking the headstock after a while.

> I can imagine the cord marking the headstock after a while.

Good point. I’ll replace the string with something softer.

Top Bottom