Lazy Sunday by Tobias Elof - just beautiful

Loska

Reaction score
I came across a video where Tobias Elof played a song called Lazy Sunday and my heart stopped. I really don't remember when was the last time I heard something as beautiful.

There is something about his playing, very magical and delicate. :bowdown:

Ya he has a really cool light touch and personal style.

The sheet music is available free at The Ukulele Site, not that I can play all of it (yet). I really like Tobias’ European influence, as his music makes sense to me...it follows form while using a lot of different ukulele techniques. He has studied with James Hill, and was on Hawaii for a while with The Ukulele Site crew.

I really like Tobias’ European influence, as his music makes sense to me...it follows form while using a lot of different ukulele techniques.

I agree! :) I can't put my finger on it why I'm so moved by this song. It is a mystery to me why one reacts emotionally to some pieces while so many are just 'songs'.

Thank you for the videos and the music sheet tip! I've been practicing it a lot, but it'll be a long time until I master it, if ever. But this kind of music and playing gives me motivation and joy.

Here's an attempt, definitely dorant do the song justice. Also that delay he uses is nice.

Here's an attempt, definitely dorant do the song justice. Also that delay he uses is nice.

Dude, that was so sweet! Killed it. I see some people try to recreate his stuff online and that was by far the best. He would definitely give that his stamp of approval. What camera did you use and where did you learn that arrangement?

Again that was awesome, thanks for posting. Oh, and the birds chirping with the dog sighing all added to the performance.

Lol thanks!! Yeah my dog was on the deck and I didn't even realize he was making that much noise. I just used my galaxy 10 to record it, glad you like the quality on it!

I used the tabs from the Ukulele Review:
http://www.theukulelereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/transcribed_tobias_lazy.pdf

And sort of adapted a little of the live version Tobias did in the video Kibes37 posted. I really love that version even more than the one on his album. I think with a little delay mine might get close to the real thing!

Yup! I found Lazy Sunday on the Ukulele Review but I'm debating picking up his book. Really would love to learn Out in the North (sometimes called Erindring).

Lol thanks!! Yeah my dog was on the deck and I didn't even realize he was making that much noise. I just used my galaxy 10 to record it, glad you like the quality on it!

I used the tabs from the Ukulele Review:
http://www.theukulelereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/transcribed_tobias_lazy.pdf

And sort of adapted a little of the live version Tobias did in the video Kibes37 posted. I really love that version even more than the one on his album. I think with a little delay mine might get close to the real thing!

I would think with delay you would be VERY close. I’m impressed with the camera because my iPhone video never transfers that clear with YouTube or Vimeo. Even though the original is shot at 4K 60fps. But ya, great job. Thx for the reply.

Top Bottom