NUD - Ohana PKT-25G pineapple tenor

longtortoise

Reaction score
Hello all,

I believe this my third post here, so please forgive me if I'm violating any UU norms, but I wanted to share about my first ukulele.

I'm a guitar player (enthusiast, no gigs, just play for my own enjoyment) and I recently borrowed my an Islander tenor from my dad. I liked it quite a bit, so I decided to order a decent uke from Mim. She had great service and did a really nice setup!

We all love pictures, so here it is:

IMG_20200614_180530870.jpg

I'm enjoying it very much. Compared to the Islander, it sounds more warm and rich, but isn't quite as punchy and doesn't have as much distinction between individual notes. I think both sound great, but very different. I'm very happy with the Ohana and to be starting my journey with the ukulele. I'm also itching for a soprano or concert. I think UAS is real...

My sister has the soprano version of this. It is a wonderful sounding ukulele, very reasonably priced and Mim's setup was superb. I've been trying to persuade her to have her cartoonist son paint the headstock with Bart Simpson's head, as the pineapple "leaves"profile resembles his hair. You were lucky to get your order in. Her Reverb store is mostly unavailable because she reaches her order cap and closes her store for the week on the first day.

My sister has the soprano version of this. It is a wonderful sounding ukulele, very reasonably priced and Mim's setup was superb. I've been trying to persuade her to have her cartoonist son paint the headstock with Bart Simpson's head, as the pineapple "leaves"profile resembles his hair. You were lucky to get your order in. Her Reverb store is mostly unavailable because she reaches her order cap and closes her store for the week on the first day.

I like the quirky headstock. Sound and feel obviously are more important than appearance, but I think Ohana made some very visually appealing pineapples here.

I did have to order from Mim on a Friday. I'm glad she's getting lots of customers. That reminds me; I need to thank her and leave her a review

Has anyone else considered a tenor pineapple? It's seems like an uncommon shape for the tenor scale.

Yes. I am seriously considering a PKT-25G. I have a Luna pineapple that I'm very attached to, but I have dreams (daydreams, to be specific...) about this one. I just need more insight about how it feels and sounds (I would be fitting it with anAquila Red Low G) before I make the jump. It is gorgeous! I also would be buying from Mim.

-Wiggy

Last edited:
I did have to order from Mim on a Friday. I'm glad she's getting lots of customers. That reminds me; I need to thank her and leave her a review

Heh, I had to do the same. Due to time differences and how short her order window is, I ordered my Ohana uke at 4am Friday. Her window would be closed by the time I normally have to get up.

I found the pineapple shape seemed to give a deeper/rounder tone, but I've only had a soprano pineapple - yes, I'd like to have a tenor pineapple, but my UAS is over, & I have moved over to blown instruments nowadays. :)

I found the pineapple shape seemed to give a deeper/rounder tone, but I've only had a soprano pineapple - yes, I'd like to have a tenor pineapple, but my UAS is over, & I have moved over to blown instruments nowadays. :)

The ukulele IS a full-blown instrument :p

Top Bottom