Obama Nation to Abomination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooville

Reaction score
Maysville, Kentucky "on the banks of the Ohio"
I guess it's alright to watch this one, yet not alright to comment on it unless you you go to the YouTube platform, where the moderator chose to wave his freak flag.

Give Me A Break!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vU_bR28Z4g

It’s a good thing Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger aren’t around and writing political songs on the ukulele....they’d be banned.
Cut me a break! Every song can’t be about rainbows and love.

Geez, the mods closed the thread, due to political content. Now you need to post about it here again? Give me a break indeed!

I was surprised that first thread was allowed to stand as long as it did. Discussions including Religion and/or Politics could well be poisonous to the peace and harmony that we enjoy here on UU. If someone does not like Mr T (I don’t either) then this isn’t the place to show it, there are other platforms available and all US citizens can choose to use the Ballot Box to express their view.

Last edited:
I was surprised that first thread was allowed to stand as long as it did. Discussions including Religion and/or Politics could well be poisonous to the peace and harmony that we enjoy here on UU. If someone does not like Mr T (I don’t either) then this isn’t the place to show it, there are other platforms available and all US citizens can choose to use the Ballot Box to express their view.

I thought everyone liked Mr. T?
20200619_055114.jpg

Mr T? Yes, he was a great character in "The A Team". What would he say about the present incumbent in the White House?

"I pity the fool!"

John Colter

Not sure about the Mr T analogy, but I agree the post and video were offensive to me, as it would be to half our USA members.
Ron

Not sure about the Mr T analogy, but I agree the post and video were offensive to me, as it would be to half our USA members.
Ron

Sorry I should have been less subtle and more direct, instead of saying Mr T I should have given him his current tittle and his full surname, ie. President Trump.

I can well understand that President Trump will still be popular with a significant proportion of UU members and that they might be offended by the original post. Politics here could so easy tear this forum apart and that’s not good, I’ve seen politics on other forums being very destructive. IMHO it would be best for UU if this thread was locked and folk took their dislike of President Trump elsewhere - I might echo their views but this just isn’t the right place.

Last edited:
I don't think it was the song and the text that the mods took offence with, though I could be very naive.

I just thought they didn't like Wooville telling people to vote for Joe Biden.

I enjoyed the song, and I miss Obama. However, I agree that when you tell people who to vote for, then you should post that on a different forum, one that allows politics.

All I can say is, our band does mostly protest songs on July 4th and nobody has ever complained once!
I Won't do it here, but I get very political on Facebook.
Happy Juneteenth everyone!

I guess it's alright to watch this one, yet not alright to comment on it unless you you go to the YouTube platform, where the moderator chose to wave his freak flag.

Give Me A Break!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vU_bR28Z4g

Just because I agree with you, doesn’t mean I should bend the rules for you. Last warning, Woo. One more and you’re banned for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom