Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama Nation to Abomination

Maysville, Kentucky "on the banks of the Ohio"

Default Obama Nation to Abomination

I guess it's alright to watch this one, yet not alright to comment on it unless you you go to the YouTube platform, where the moderator chose to wave his freak flag.

Give Me A Break!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vU_bR28Z4g
    Nelson Hopwood
    bassman on the banks of the ohio

Mainland Red Cedar Tenor, Kala Chocolate Dolphin, Ohana BK-20 Baritone, and vintage 50's model Harmony Baritone and Ohana BK-70R Baritone.

Geez, the mods closed the thread, due to political content. Now you need to post about it here again? Give me a break indeed!
    John

It’s a good thing Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger aren’t around and writing political songs on the ukulele....they’d be banned.
    Cut me a break! Every song can’t be about rainbows and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    Geez, the mods closed the thread, due to political content. Now you need to post about it here again? Give me a break indeed!
    I was surprised that first thread was allowed to stand as long as it did. Discussions including Religion and/or Politics could well be poisonous to the peace and harmony that we enjoy here on UU. If someone does not like Mr T (I don’t either) then this isn’t the place to show it, there are other platforms available and all US citizens can choose to use the Ballot Box to express their view.
    Last edited by Graham Greenbag; 06-18-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Greenbag View Post
    I was surprised that first thread was allowed to stand as long as it did. Discussions including Religion and/or Politics could well be poisonous to the peace and harmony that we enjoy here on UU. If someone does not like Mr T (I don’t either) then this isn’t the place to show it, there are other platforms available and all US citizens can choose to use the Ballot Box to express their view.
    I thought everyone liked Mr. T?
    20200619_055114.jpg
    John

Mr T? Yes, he was a great character in "The A Team". What would he say about the present incumbent in the White House?

"I pity the fool!"

John Colter

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Greenbag View Post
    Not sure about the Mr T analogy, but I agree the post and video were offensive to me, as it would be to half our USA members.
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by eyedoc View Post
    Not sure about the Mr T analogy, but I agree the post and video were offensive to me, as it would be to half our USA members.
    Ron
    Sorry I should have been less subtle and more direct, instead of saying Mr T I should have given him his current tittle and his full surname, ie. President Trump.

I can well understand that President Trump will still be popular with a significant proportion of UU members and that they might be offended by the original post. Politics here could so easy tear this forum apart and that’s not good, I’ve seen politics on other forums being very destructive. IMHO it would be best for UU if this thread was locked and folk took their dislike of President Trump elsewhere - I might echo their views but this just isn’t the right place.
    Last edited by Graham Greenbag; 06-19-2020 at 08:37 AM.

Maysville, Kentucky "on the banks of the Ohio"

Looks like to me, it's you that's keeping this thread going. Most people have moved on. Take it off, don't take it off. Don't care! Stop crying about it!
    Nelson Hopwood
    bassman on the banks of the ohio

Mainland Red Cedar Tenor, Kala Chocolate Dolphin, Ohana BK-20 Baritone, and vintage 50's model Harmony Baritone and Ohana BK-70R Baritone.

I don't think it was the song and the text that the mods took offence with, though I could be very naive.

I just thought they didn't like Wooville telling people to vote for Joe Biden.

I enjoyed the song, and I miss Obama. However, I agree that when you tell people who to vote for, then you should post that on a different forum, one that allows politics.

Thread Information