Jet / Performax 10-20 repair Yet Again

Any chance there are some of your repair blocks to still be found? I inherited the perfomax 10-20 last year and had the treads go out on me this year. Looking online lead me to this thread. Thank You.

Jon

Great Falls,
Montana, usa
I'm about to start a new batch next week...when the first one is ready I'll let you know by PM... I do have a brand new replacement arm in stock but it would be far too expensive to ship to the US from UK due to its size and weight .... and the the repair kit does a better job.

Last edited:
I'm about to start a new batch next week...when the first one is ready I'll let you know by PM... I do have a brand new replacement arm in stock but it would be far too expensive to ship to the US from UK due to its size and weight .... and the the repair kit does a better job.
That will be great thank you.

I said in a previous thread that I wouldnt be making any more repair kits for this thickness sander 10-20 stripped thread problem, due to a new model that has come out with the problem solved.
But I am still getting a steady flow of PM's and eMails from owners of the older models asking about them... As this fix allows these old machines to carry on being used for many years to come, it's a cheaper option than buying the new model..So I have been persuaded into making up another batch..the materials will be arriving here some time next week and I will be putting the ukulele building on one side for a while...I was getting fed up of making sopranos anyway ;)
IMG_3336 by Ken Timms, on Flickr
Hi,
Came across your video on the repair kit. I am looking to buy one if you have them available. Cheers Gordon

I have a brand new replacement arm for the 10-20 that you can have for 45 quid...and I only live 40 mins away In Stockton .
Yep that will be champion. Do you want to message over your details and if your around tomorrow or Friday I can pop over.
Cheers
Gordon

Can you tell us what the thread size is?
Its supposed to be 9/16" UNF , way too sloppy a fit ....But I find it more like 18 TPI on a 14mm O/D spindle about 11 thou undersize...I had to machine the C/I threaded inserts as i couldn't find a Tap the correct size for a good fit.

Last edited:
Its supposed to be 9/16" UNF , way too sloppy a fit ....But I find it more like 18 TPI on a 14mm O/D spindle about 11 thou undersize...I had to machine the C/I threaded inserts as i couldn't find a Tap the correct size for a good fit.
Sheesh, they could have made it easier, couldn't they? Might be easier for us mortals without your machine tools to use more standard threaded stock to make a new spindle. Or not. Are there any of your kits available? Thanks.

Right I'll try and remember how to Private message and let you know the details. :)
Hi,
I swapped out the old head for the new one which was easy enough thanks.
Did you get a chance to make any of the brass Inserts. If you have cn I buy some off you and I will fit to the old head ready for the next one that comes in that needs a repair. Cheers Gordon

Top Bottom