A new way of holding your ukulele

Poul Hansen

Reaction score
There are a few chords I find difficult to change between without a strap on the ukulele.

But existing strapbuttons are either too ugly or too big and I can't make myself drill holes in my beautiful instruments anyway.

I then came to think of my "Guitarlift" for my classical guitars, that fix on the backside of the instrument with suction cups and is hardly visible from the front if you do gigs, and found that the "small" model, can be used for ukulele and it's very stable.

It's rather big for a soprano but I might just make a smaller model for that, although it can be used. It's perfect for the Tenor.

PS: Guitarlift is made in Germany, search for the name.

2020-06-20 12.15.22small.jpg 2020-06-20 12.25.33small.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen other devices that were similar. The idea was to hold the uke away from the player's body. Depending on the uke, that can make a great difference in the sound.

Yes I know they talk about that but I was mostly interested in having a stable instrument and on a classical guitar, you can do without the foot pedal and keep a straight back.

The A-Frame MI works in a similar manner but is more portable—folds and fits in the outer pocket of many gig bags. The main problem with suction cups is they only work on glossy finishes. And, dad burn it, all my ukuleles are satin. Works well on my Baritone 6. Oddly, because I have to sit for classical guitar, I tend to stand with my ukuleles so straps are my weapon of choice.

The A-Frame MI works in a similar manner but is more portable—folds and fits in the outer pocket of many gig bags. The main problem with suction cups is they only work on glossy finishes. And, dad burn it, all my ukuleles are satin. Works well on my Baritone 6. Oddly, because I have to sit for classical guitar, I tend to stand with my ukuleles so straps are my weapon of choice.

You can get some sticky patches for satin finish, to enable the suction cups.

I tried the Kling-on and it was okay but I really prefer standing and using a strap. Sitting on my arse all day playing classical guitar and using a computer really makes standing/walking and playing ukulele a wonderfully luxurious experience.

Top Bottom