Things We Said Today (the Beatles)

Thanks, Bill! I really appreciate it! :)

Very good! I don't think I'll ever attempt that song. My vocal range is more like Ringo's!
Jack

Thanks, Jolly_O! This song took me to the limit of my upper range, I think. Beyond that, I'd have to go falsetto! :)

Thanks, Jolly_O! This song took me to the limit of my upper range, I think. Beyond that, I'd have to go falsetto! :)

Nice job on a timeless tune.

I know what you mean about the range. It was always a little stretch for me, but as the years have gone by I sometimes need to bring the Beatles tunes down a bit to work for me. Thanks for pulling this one out.

Thanks, EDW! These days after I choose a song I want to do, I often have to re-key the song to suit my evolving vocal range. I don't know how many times I've recorded a song and regretted not trying a different key. :)

Great job John. One of my fave Beatles tunes - although, like you and many others, if I was to list ALL my fave Beatles tunes it'd be about 20 pages long!!! lol
Thanks for sharing buddy. Dave x

Thanks, Dave! I really appreciate it! Yeah, 20 pages might be enough! :)

Thanks for this, you reminded me how much I always loved this song. So many Beatle tunes are favorites of mine. So now I'm off to look the chords of this one up! :)

Wow! I love this! I've been lurking for a bit, but joined just to thank you for this! Also subscribed to your YouTube channel, and looking forward to hearing more!

Nicely done, John.

Thanks for this, you reminded me how much I always loved this song. So many Beatle tunes are favorites of mine. So now I'm off to look the chords of this one up! :)

Thanks, Cadia! Here are the chords I used:

[ intro: Am Em7 Am Em7 Am Em7 Am Em7 ]

[Am] You say [Em7] you will [Am] love [Em7] me
[Am] if I [Em7] have to [Am] go [Em7]
[Am] You’ll be [Em7] thinking [Am] of [Em7] me
[Am] somehow [Em7] I will [Am] know

[C] Someday when I’m [C9] lonely
[F] wishing you weren’t so [Bb] far away
[Am] Then I [Em7] will re[Am]mem[Em7]ber
[Am] things we [Em7] said to[Am]day

[Am] You say [Em7] you’ll be [Am] mine, [Em7] girl
[Am] til the [Em7] end of [Am] time [Em7]
[Am] These days [Em7] such a [Am] kind, [Em7] girl
[Am] seems so [Em7] hard to [Am] find

[C] Someday when we’re [C9] dreaming
[F] deep in love, not a [Bb] lot to say
[Am] Then we [Em7] will re[Am]mem[Em7]ber
[Am] things we [Em7] said to[A]day

Me, I’m just the [D7] lucky kind
[B7] love to hear you [E7] say that love is [A] love
And though we [D7] may be blind
[B7] love is here to [Bb] stay and

That’s e[Am] nough to [Em7] make you [Am] mine, [Em7] girl
[Am] be the [Em7] only [Am] one [Em7]
[Am] Love me [Em7] all the [Am] time, [Em7] girl
[Am] we’ll go [Em7] on and [Am] on

[C] Someday when we’re [C9] dreaming
[F] deep in love, not a [Bb] lot to say
[Am] Then we [Em7] will re[Am]mem[Em7]ber
[Am] things we [Em7] said to[Am]day [Em7]
//: [Am Em7 ] ://

Thanks, Tim! I really appreciate it! Do you have a YouTube channel? I'd like to subscribe! :)

Thanks, Nickie! I really appreciate it! :)

Hi John,

No YT for me yet! I'm on Day Four of my uku trek, so not quite ready for prime time. When I have a video to share, I'll be sure to let you know!

Welcome to the wonderful world of ukulele, Tim! Have fun with it, happy strumming! :)

Top Bottom