VIDEO- Tricks for Sanding finish.

Beau Hannam Ukuleles

Reaction score
Please subscribe if you enjoy such videos.

thank you for all the vids you do and share,
you have id'd some prolems I am having with sanding my finish.
thanks again, someone of your standing taking time ( or most precious commodiity) helping out others is noice, real noice
regards
chris

Beau

I'm not sure whether you were being serious in saying you are the inventor of tip No 1, but my little story tells you when and how I learned this tip.

As a boy of 13 or 14 (I am now 68) I went to my local garage to buy materials so that I could fix the dents in my fathers car. Seeing my youth the guy offered me the following advice:

Mix the body filler/hardener in the right proportions.
Only mix what you need.
Make sure the guy that spreads it is the guy that has to remove the excess.
Add washing up liquid to your water to lubricate.
Keep dunking the cork block/wet and dry paper in the soapy water to prevent build up which will scratch the surface.

So whether it was car bodies or paint/varnish finishes on wood, I have never used wet and dry sandpaper without liquid soap for over 50 yrs. I have always assumed that's what the rest of the world was doing too.

Thanks for the video, I'll look out for 3M Trizact, that's not a product I've used.

Beau

I'm not sure whether you were being serious in saying you are the inventor of tip No 1, but my little story tells you when and how I learned this tip.

As a boy of 13 or 14 (I am now 68) I went to my local garage to buy materials so that I could fix the dents in my fathers car. Seeing my youth the guy offered me the following advice:

Mix the body filler/hardener in the right proportions.
Only mix what you need.
Make sure the guy that spreads it is the guy that has to remove the excess.
Add washing up liquid to your water to lubricate.
Keep dunking the cork block/wet and dry paper in the soapy water to prevent build up which will scratch the surface.

So whether it was car bodies or paint/varnish finishes on wood, I have never used wet and dry sandpaper without liquid soap for over 50 yrs. I have always assumed that's what the rest of the world was doing too.

Thanks for the video, I'll look out for 3M Trizact, that's not a product I've used.

I wasn't referring to the soapy water thing tip

I was half joking when I mentioned the "invention" stuff about sanding in different directions- I've not heard of others doing it although i'm certain others have done it in the past in the history of sanding shiny things.

I did mean I came to that discovery by no one telling me about it- but im sure its been done before as it's a great technique and all great techniques have been done before me.

Top Bottom