Season 436 - $)%(!

RAB11

Reaction score
Evening all,

I'm off to bed so here, for your delectation, is the intro vid, and I will fill in the details in the morning...

So.... Season 436 is about, shall we say, colourful language.

I'm a firm believer that when used correctly, swearing adds so much to a language, there's nothing inherently wrong with it without any context and you can get very creative with it.

So this week, bring me a song with swearing in the lyrics or title. It can be as mild as dang, darn, gosh or heck if that's all you feel comfortable with, right up to something that, if played on the radio, would have you sounding like an R2D2 impersonator.

I want to make this fun for everyone, and make sure no-one is uncomfortable, so I am going to draw the line at anything racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise discriminatory. This is about good clean swearing. Although I know I don't really have to clarify that.

I would love to hear some of the more creative local courses from wherever you're from if possible too, this place is at it's best when we're learning!

Other basic seasons rules apply:

No song limit this week, this is my last week before starting a new job hopefully so I intend to make the most of my free time.

Ukulele must be PROMINENT, but other instruments and collabs are greatly encouraged.

Of course I'm expecting some originals this week.

Midnight Sunday to Midnight Sunday Hawaii time.

In relation to the no-go rules above, if you have to ask if a song's unacceptable, perhaps it is. There are plenty of others.

And I've already made a playlist for you all!

PLAYLIST

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Try as I might, Ryan, I can find no songs with "$)%(!" in the title or lyrics!

Behold what Del hath wrought!

Could be a difficult challenge for me as swearing is unheard of in Australia!

A Guy Clark with a bit of rudeness. Visuals are a promo for the TV series of the '50's Adventures of Superman.... repeats of the same being a after school staple here in Oz when I was a whipper snapper.
"The Cape"

This was probably the first record I ever owned that had blatant swearing not only in the song but also in the title. Somehow it still never seemed gratuitous. I always thought that if I (or indeed anybody) did happen to bump into the titular Mr. Titmus in a mundane, day to day situation then it's exactly what I (or indeed anybody) would say!

If you're unfamiliar with who Fred Titmus was, this pretty much covers it...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Titmus

When I asked the family for songs with swearing in them, my daughter immediately told me to do this one. I was appalled, of course, but the idea of "f*!* you very very much" appealed to me, so here goes. One of Lily Allen's finest moments.

Well we have got off to an absolutely filthy start. Great brings from everyone so far and I really appreciate the efforts people are making to copy the random bits of punctuation I put in the season title.

Keep them coming!

Top Bottom