Season 436 - $)%(!

Cheers for hosting this one Ryan. Fast forward forty odd years and we now have those privileged folks who Inherited life on the hill claiming to be working class heroes. This one goes out to all the bona fide working class out there who were made politically homeless and who are no longer represented because of this charade.

Last edited:
Here's a song which, if you're a ukulele player on Facebook, you're likely to have been tagged in at least once.

Fully caught up and this week has been heckin Spectacular. Keep em coming folks.

So What?

Tell you what - Unless you've been on stage surrounded by 14 talented tattooed women bellowing out "I rammed my cock right down its throat!", you haven't lived.

Broke out all the old gear for this one. :)

I've been listening to a ton of Jeffrey Martin lately, which led me to find Mick Flannery just last week.
Here is **** Off World by Mick Flannery.
I'm going in the woods with a stick.

I hope this is in the spirit of the challenge. I picked a song that doesn't have explictatives but certainly makes you think of them. Used old Fair use stock footage for the video. Tried to do some audio editing, in the mix is my voice, concert uke, sopranissimo uke, and my brand new Nano Ukulele from Andy's Ukulele that my husband got me for our Anniversary! She's a zebrawood ;) Please let me know what you think!

hey there everybody! Here's a little snippet from disturbed's song, as reinterpreted by Richard Cheese..Happy Seasons!

And, hello again, Ryan! I felt that John issued a bit of a challenge when he told us how difficult it was to find any incidence of swearing in Australia, and I determined to prove him wrong. This was obviously not easy, since, as we all know, Aussies are most disinclined to use immoderate language; however, after much searching, I stumbled upon this, from that fine example of Australian manhood, Mr. Kevin Bloody Wilson. (It has been censored by me since, like most of Mr. Wilson's repertoire, it gets a lot worse!) Oh, and this, of course, comes with apologies in advance (not least for the accent) to those very fine Australians, John, Brian and Jon ... SORRY!!!

Last edited:
Well the overnight shift was fantastic! So good to see Silly Dave playing something!

Here's one from me that always made me laugh when I first heard it aged 13 or so. Think it was the first song with swearing in that I properly listened to, although my mother wasn't best pleased. Continuation of my ongoing quest to bring System of a Down to the ukulele.

An original by me.

Lyrics & Chords

The Second Word is Off
Geoff Walker

Chorus
The [Am]second word is [Em]Off!
Yes, the [Am]second word is [Em]Off!
[C]I'm thoroughly pissed [Am]off with you
You [C]really are a [Am]pile of poo
I [C]want no more to [Am]do with you
The [Am]second word is [Em]Off!

You [C]came into my life one day
[C]You seemed to have a [G]lot to say
I [Em]said to [D]myself "now [G]here's a one"
You [D]seemed to be a deal [Em]of fun
But [C]then a thought occurred to me
[C]You are not what you [G]seem to be
You [Em]said some [D]really [G]nasty words
Which [D]made me think "Oh, what [Em]a turd."
Chorus

Now, [C]Over time, I must relate
It became clear you're [G]full of hate
Al [Em]you say [D]is a [G]pack of lies
Buzz[D]ing round like a swarm [Em]of flies
[C]The devil in hell makes you look kind
You have such a poll[G]uted mind
I [Em]really [D]must get [G]clear of you
I [D]want no more to do [Em]with you.
Chorus

Outro
[Em]Now Bugger Off!!

Someone had to do this song...

I have been a bit absent lately, kitchen rebuilding and big deadlines at work leaves too little time for uke-ing. But I managed to find time this week :)

I was poking around in my music library, and this song was too much fun to pass up. This is by Cibo Matto. It's from a concept album about the ghost of a young woman haunting a hotel.

no swear words but i felt like the vibe of the song fitted the theme
The Devil Makes Three

Top Bottom