Season 436 - $)%(!

Well last night's efforts were fabulous. I'm loving the amount of originals we're getting this week.

Here's an original from me. I've tried to write this song many times, and I've previously posted a song with this title here on the seasons but it just didn't come out right.

I was messing about the other day and ended up with the main riff, so last night I decided to turn it into a song and have another go at this one.

Lyrics and chords in the description should anyone be interested.

I was surprise not to find it on the playlist.
Did it appear at a Zoom session when I was not there?

Yes, it's the one that Del gave us, and changed the way we think of him for evermore.

Yes, it's the one that Del gave us, and changed the way we think of him for evermore.

Hahaha! Is that in a good way or a bad way Steve? :)

Strangely, I don’t feel able to commit anything sweary to YouTube. It was actually only with a bit of Dutch courage that I could semi-comfortably swear in that song in the informal setting of the Zoom session. Added to which I’m back to work this week - sweltering in high temperatures under a layer of PPE gear means I’m fit for nothing but the sofa in the evenings. I haven’t even listened to any of the entries yet!

"Asshole" written by Beck and covered by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers on the soundtrack for the 1996 film "She's The One."

This monotonous song "Siurusüsteem" (2007) was the favorite of many Estonian schoolteachers, because the lyrics listed the members of the literary movement Siuru. But there is no proof that the schoolkids became interested in the Siuru writers' poems, although they knew the song by heart.

Thanks for hosting Ryan!

While I often use f-bombs as adjectives among most friends to emphasize a point, I'm hesitant to put that out there to a broader audience that will likely include my students. So, Hell is as far as I felt comfortable going. But I did say it 3 times :)

And hello, yet again, Ryan! I think I have gone about as far as I can go with the swearing, so have decided to retreat to safer ground. This is strong language (well, possibly!) 1919 style. The song comes from a musical with the wonderful title "Linger Longer Letty." (And I must apologise, I've got hay fever at the moment ... the sweet chestnut trees, by which we are surrounded, are in flower and they are lethal!)

Last edited:

paoriginal
lyrics
What does Jesus say when He sees what’s goin on
Sweet Me that’s just so wrong
I wept Dad damn that’s wrong
Sweet Me good Dad Dad damn that’s wrong

What does Jesus say cause it’s been goin on so long
Sweet Me that’s just so wrong
Sweet Me good Dad Dad damn that’s wrong

Last edited:
A quick one from me this week. I had written additional verses, but I decided in the end that all I wanted to say was contained within verse one and the chorus, so I scrapped the other two verses.

I hope you like:

Hey, Ryan! I’m sorry that I couldn’t partake this week with a contribution to your SOTU! I had a busy week and didn’t get time to learn one that I had in mind — which was this one — btw, her new album is coming out in July!

No problem Chelle! Funnily enough I was thinking of an Alanis song as well but ran out of time myself!

I caught up this morning and you lot have been fabulous. Hope to see a few more overnight but if you're currently at base camp for Jim's season that's fine too.

I guess I'm too late for this season $)%(!, but I'll share anyway. The F Word Song (A Chat With Your Mother) came from an old Sing Out! magazine. It's by Lou & Peter Berryman.

Top Bottom