Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 436 - $)%(!

Default Season 436 - $)%(!

Evening all,

I'm off to bed so here, for your delectation, is the intro vid, and I will fill in the details in the morning...

So.... Season 436 is about, shall we say, colourful language.

I'm a firm believer that when used correctly, swearing adds so much to a language, there's nothing inherently wrong with it without any context and you can get very creative with it.

So this week, bring me a song with swearing in the lyrics or title. It can be as mild as dang, darn, gosh or heck if that's all you feel comfortable with, right up to something that, if played on the radio, would have you sounding like an R2D2 impersonator.

I want to make this fun for everyone, and make sure no-one is uncomfortable, so I am going to draw the line at anything racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise discriminatory. This is about good clean swearing. Although I know I don't really have to clarify that.

I would love to hear some of the more creative local courses from wherever you're from if possible too, this place is at it's best when we're learning!

Other basic seasons rules apply:

No song limit this week, this is my last week before starting a new job hopefully so I intend to make the most of my free time.

Ukulele must be PROMINENT, but other instruments and collabs are greatly encouraged.

Of course I'm expecting some originals this week.

Midnight Sunday to Midnight Sunday Hawaii time.

In relation to the no-go rules above, if you have to ask if a song's unacceptable, perhaps it is. There are plenty of others.

And I've already made a playlist for you all!

PLAYLIST

Enjoy!
    Last edited by RAB11; 06-20-2020 at 07:43 PM.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Shouting Into a Tin Can EP on Soundcloud now!

Hahaha - glad to have been the inspiration behind your theme Ryan! But please nobody tell my mum!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

Try as I might, Ryan, I can find no songs with "$)%(!" in the title or lyrics!
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    Try as I might, Ryan, I can find no songs with "$)%(!" in the title or lyrics!
    Well there's only one thing for it, you'll have to write one!

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Behold what Del hath wrought!

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    Well there's only one thing for it, you'll have to write one!
    How do you pronounce it???
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

I'll leave that up to you!

Could be a difficult challenge for me as swearing is unheard of in Australia!

Here's the one that automatically came to my mind, Val.

Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Thread Information