Season 436 - $)%(!

This was probably the first record I ever owned that had blatant swearing not only in the song but also in the title. Somehow it still never seemed gratuitous. I always thought that if I (or indeed anybody) did happen to bump into the titular Mr. Titmus in a mundane, day to day situation then it's exactly what I (or indeed anybody) would say!

If you're unfamiliar with who Fred Titmus was, this pretty much covers it...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Titmus

Back in the 80's one of the stagehands working for me bought himself an old Volvo Amazon. When he checked the logbook, imagine what he said when he clocked the name of the car's first owner.

This was the first song I thought of! It's a spiritual cousin to Steve's Lily Allen cover, but much older. A little bit of (very) naughty Harry Nilsson.

Continuing a bit of a theme today--Let's see how a bit of nihilistic hardcore punk sounds on my innocent, happy little instrument. I apologize in advance for the hostile, aggressive tone...Here's a song by Fear! (my allergies are kicking up unexpectedly, but the resulting raw vocal sound is actually ideal for the song)

Nina Simone was a brilliant pianist and ardent civil rights campainer.

I'm learning a bit of Roy Smeck at the moment, and as a practice tool, I like to record myself so I can spot when my timing goes wrong. I will have it working in another couple of weeks, but for now it's not an instrumental.

This is what the chris667 household is like in our spare time. Featuring my long suffering partner, Gwin.

thank you for this week Ryan
a lil improvised tune joo, sean and i made today
featuring joo on rubberbands and her amazing art

Hello, Ryan! This week has caused me problems - not because I am frightened of swearing (I have lived with teenage boys!) - but because I have found it really difficult to source any suitable songs. I came across this one quite by accident ... the language is APPALLING!!!!

Ahoy everybody and great theme Ryan.
I am going camping for the week and my Merlin handles the Icelandic weather better than an Uke so, regrettably, I will not be submitting more songs this week.
Here is the short, sweet, and sweary 'Karate' by Tenacious D

There's $)%(!-all you can do.

A little piece of contemporary social comment from Boothby Graffoe.

Ok, I really wasn't planning to do another HMHB song but the temptation was too strong...
For starters, having the singer out of Slipknot visit the Pope is such a great idea to base a song around. The sweary response of His Holiness to this idea elevates the song to greatness. Setting the whole thing to the Battle Hymn of the Republic and wrapping it all up in under half a minute is nothing short of genius...

First thing that came to mind. If I were in the middle of nowhere I'd try to make it rougher, but seeing as how we are in the middle of a pandemic all my neighbors are at home and I don't need to be answering a lot of questions. From the East Bay's Own!

Top Bottom